Page 567 of 590 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 5898

Thread: Conavirus......

Hoping I get exposed to a normal number of viruses. I don't want to be like those poor kids who never were because they were locked down for two years and now RSV is exploding and threatening to overwhelm hospitals. The immune system needs to be exposed to germs to develop normally.

We are having a parade of people through our house. Two lunch parties and one overnight guest so far.

Today friends come from out of state for 3 days. Will have several people in for that visit including an overnight guest.

And then, my brother and wife are coming for Thanksgiving to stay a few days.

I have been back to normal since 3/21 and mask less unless required. I have a trip to Europe booked for 4/1.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have been back to normal since 3/21 and mask less unless required. I have a trip to Europe booked for 4/1.
    Oh where are you going!?? I want to get to Europe but I’m having to dodge flower shows now.

Headed to spend T'Giving with grand-twins so who knows how we will hold up - they are little vectors for whatever is going around. They are on the mend from either RSV or flu though it wasn't too bad. Just read that a new strain of Ebola is spreading in Uganda so travelers from that area to the US are supposedly being monitored. That disease scares me far more than Covid.

I am taking a 11 day trip staying 2 nights in each city except for one. Starting in Zurich, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague. I am going in April.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Headed to spend T'Giving with grand-twins so who knows how we will hold up - they are little vectors for whatever is going around.
    Great message to give kids - you are disease vectors. If you breathe on your grandparents you can kill them. While adults including politicians partied maskless in bars and restaurants and stadiums filled with tens of thousands of people (including doctors at medical conferences) even if you had special needs that made wearing a mask difficult, you had to so all day long in school, because the vast majority of the pandemic response fell on your tiny shoulders, including in New York City that for the better part of a year masked toddlers and only toddlers. Schools were closed as nonessential but liquor stores and pot shops remained open. Why do we hate children so much in this country?

My comment about kiddos is based on my experience raising and being around them - especially those under a certain age. They put their fingers in their noses and mouths and touch everything they can. Perhaps they are busy building their own immune systems but most are real good at catching whatever is going around.

Excited for you Teacher Terry. I really want to get back to travel. It has been a long dry spell since 2020.

Thanks Simple mind. I am excited. Pinky, yes kids are little germ carriers. We all love kids but can recognize the obvious.

Thread Information