Page 178 of 601 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Tammy, wondering where you were, you must be getting better

Yea I'm pretty negative about the situation

I'm on the side of controlling the spread of the virus and minimizing deaths but I don't think masks alone are going to make this go away (bring R below 1) and our politicians here seem to be content with what I see as an unacceptable status quo. They seem to have settled on a plan of letting 2.5k people get sick with this a day indefinitely as long as it doesn't increase well beyond that (and sometimes I'm not even sure if they care if it DOES increase well beyond that, I don't know why they are trying to get waivers to open up schools with 10% testing positivity).

And I see the northeast is doing better (for the time being, I know things can change), and I wonder why we can't do likewise. Maybe because we didn't have a really bad period early on, and maybe we never will. But 2.5k people getting this every day, up to 12k a day statewide. Maybe those states with an early really bad crisis are actually better off in the end in terms of number of people getting sick from this, as their governments took it seriously.

I don't like that we have to learn the hard way, but we don't seem to learn the easy way, although I'm not even sure we would learn the hard way either.

My bf is currently more at risk than me because of his work situation and the coworker living with a confirmed covid case who is now in quarantine. Yes I saw my bf last weekend, but I am now quarantining from my bf temporarily Gah.
    Trees don't grow on money

I’m on day 16 of my covid experience. Most of the aches and pains are gone. I’m still sleeping 16-18 hours a day. I can do one 10 minute something (a shower for example) and then I need to rest again. Other symptoms come and go also. As soon as I pronounce a symptom gone, it returns. So I guess only speak for the moment ...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    How difficult would it have been to take precautions early, study countries who did it right, and follow suit?
    Stupidity and arrogance are a bad combination.
    Sure is!

Tammy, thanks for the update.

Tammy: I'm glad you are at least moving in the right direction. How id DH doing?
    ANM: I think our state government has done a spectacular job, but it amazes me to see so much hatred directed at our governor for trying to keep us alive and make the virus go away.

Tammy, hope you get to the point soon where symptoms go away and STAY away!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tammy: I'm glad you are at least moving in the right direction. How id DH doing?
    ANM: I think our state government has done a spectacular job, but it amazes me to see so much hatred directed at our governor for trying to keep us alive and make the virus go away.
    That's mystifying and appalling to me, too--this irrational and sometimes violent response to temporary common-sense restrictions.

Yppej
    RR the difference is probably that you are retired but other people still need to work and see their livelihoods in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    RR the difference is probably that you are retired but other people still need to work and see their livelihoods in jeopardy.
    Better-run nations addressed that with strict early shutdowns paired with stipends so workers weren't left to fend for themselves and businesses didn't have to shut down permanently.

Bet the states in the U.S. that did a good job with the virus if they continue to, end up doing far better economically in the end. No that isn't California at this point obviously.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information