Page 29 of 601 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    One perk if the coronavirus does kick America's rear end? Potentially a reset of society including less emphasis upon work.
    "A reset of society" will involve the deaths of lots of innocent people.

I spent the day in the Emergency Operations Center working on Stuff. One of the cheery tasks I had was developing a model for how many body bags we had to have in stock, for our coroner.

Yppej
    Did people work less after the Black Death? Did they value leisure more? What about after the influenza epidemic of 1918?

I’ve read that the Black Death was a big factor in the serfs gaining their autonomy.

On one of my forums someone that posted for 23 years left his password for his kids. He didn’t say he was dying but his kids have enjoyed everyone’s posts. My husband asked me to leave him where I belong, etc, with my forums but I decided I wanted it to remain private. So if I decide to leave I will tell you. If not assume the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    "A reset of society" will involve the deaths of lots of innocent people.

I spent the day in the Emergency Operations Center working on Stuff. One of the cheery tasks I had was developing a model for how many body bags we had to have in stock, for our coroner.
    Yes, there are going to be those who dont go or cant get to medical facilities if they have a severe case. Triage over the phone only works well when the patient gives accurate info and what they need is available. Sigh. Going to remain calm.

Some people are idiots. NH’s first case is a hospital employee who went to an invitation only event on Friday, despite being told to self isolate at home. Now people at the event have been told to self isolate.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...shire/2240615/

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    On one of my forums someone that posted for 23 years left his password for his kids. He didn’t say he was dying but his kids have enjoyed everyone’s posts. My husband asked me to leave him where I belong, etc, with my forums but I decided I wanted it to remain private. So if I decide to leave I will tell you. If not assume the inevitable.
    In our “Legacy” file I list contact people to notify of our death for each group: family, neighborhood, garden clubs and plant societies, this forum.

Alan is my “contact person” for this forum, so he will be spreading any bad news here for me. Sorry in advance!

You’re so organized, iris lilies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Some people are idiots. NH’s first case is a hospital employee who went to an invitation only event on Friday, despite being told to self isolate at home. Now people at the event have been told to self isolate.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...shire/2240615/
    Yeah, I was wondering how sure we could be with "self isolation". It's sort of a dangerous thing.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    In our “Legacy” file I list contact people to notify of our death for each group: family, neighborhood, garden clubs and plant societies, this forum.

Alan is my “contact person” for this forum, so he will be spreading any bad news here for me. Sorry in advance!
    IL....just wanted to say that as a long termer here, I really respect that you have have something in place to let the forum know should something happen to you. I just think that's cool. It shows class, at least to me. And in a digital sense, it shows community, too. Rob

Thread Information