Page 113 of 601 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Georgia's reopening did not lead to any uptick in new cases, hospitalizations or deaths, not that this will stop those who want to prognosticate doom. I wonder if the fact that it is very hot and humid there this time of year is a factor. You can see as Brazil enters its cooler season cases are spiking.

My parents' church is reopening but they will not be attending. I am proud of them.

Can you imagine any form of contact tracing for anyone except for those who pretty much stay in their own area? Crazy. I am retired so my husband and I are still going to stay home and see how this plays out.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Can you imagine any form of contact tracing for anyone except for those who pretty much stay in their own area? Crazy. I am retired so my husband and I are still going to stay home and see how this plays out.
    Some tracers only look at people you have been within 6 feet of for 15 uninterrupted minutes or more on the theory that you need exposure to a certain amount of viral load.

It's sad that - for some people - the only way to prove their ideas, beliefs and theories about this virus right or wrong - is for them to get the virus.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will take as many precautions as possible because I would hate for my actions (or in-actions) to be the cause of or add to the causes of someone else getting sick and/or dying.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It seems a little early to call Brazil or certain US states successes. Brazil’s death toll keeps steadily going up. Montgomery Alabama’s hospitals are at max capacity. Time will tell, but I’d personally rather not have society play Russian roulette with this virus.

And speaking of Russia, the start of this video shows the current situations in St Petersburg. https://youtu.be/XJMlcKbFOEI

Yppej
    My point was that as Brazil moves into their cooler season cases are rising not that Brazil is a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Georgia's reopening did not lead to any uptick in new cases, hospitalizations or deaths,
    There have been some questions raised about the accuracy and consistency of data reported by the Georgia public health department.
    The presence or absence of cases based on antibody testing may have exaggerated the 7-day moving average of new cases, which reportedly peaked at 771 on April 22. Georgia is moving toward counting cases based on viral tests that are positive, disregarding positive antibody tests.
    Reportedly some of the cases previously counted in error have been corrected, but department staff are busy keeping up with daily reporting, and they have not gotten around to correcting all the errors.

Source: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/l...9-tests/523645

True, the website of the department of public health shows that since May 1, the number of new cases per day (and particularly the 7-day moving average) are declining.

In the Georgia counties with the highest population density, the number of deaths per 100,000 are:
    12.9 DeKalb
    18 Cobb
    12.6 Gwinnett
    17.8 Fulton

In certain rural counties, notably those with outbreaks in prisons and nursing homes, the deaths per 100,000 are much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My point was that as Brazil moves into their cooler season cases are rising not that Brazil is a success.
    I guess a high of 72 counts as "cool season" to the people of Rio.

Sweden's proved the wisdom of sheltering in place. Its infection rate is by far the highest of the Nordic countries.

If this had the symptoms, infection rate, or mortality of the flu, playing around with herd immunity might be worthwhile, but all indications are that it's much more virulent than the flu. Russian roulette is a good metaphor.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I guess a high of 72 counts as "cool season" to the people of Rio.
    I have read that the US cannot expect cases to slow until July and August because June temperatures, averaging in the 70's in many of the densely populated parts of the country, are not hot enough to slow the spread. We are also expected to have a second wave in the fall when temperatures fall again. Let's see what season the second wave hits and then we will see if the public health experts are right on this.

Thread Information