Page 336 of 601 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386436 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    But he did update the mandate just a few days after the CDC updated their guidance. I think the CDC updated on Tues and our change goes into effect tomorrow, so 3 days later. That doesn't seem so bad to me.
    It's all so political. Supposedly Baker had to consult with his health experts before making changes, then when he saw New York is fully reopening a month earlier than Massachusetts he had to rush out and make a statement that we might be able to open earlier because he doesn't want to be one upped by Andrew Cuomo. No days worth of consultations there even though throwing bars, nightclubs, and similar businesses wide open is much more consequential than whether people walk around by themselves outdoors.

Well it's about money. In the course of the pandemic, they have insufficiently controlled anything that might interfere with business, while forbidding non-profitable activities with equivalent or even much less risk. If people are too be sacrificed, it must be to the economy!
    Trees don't grow on money

We live on the NH Maine border and shop in New Hampshire, and I heard that today is the last day for the mask mandate, although individual businesses may still require it. So starting at midnight tonight, no more masks, supposedly.

We shall see.

I was curious about other states that lifted mask mandate and found out all the chain stores still seem to require them. Here is an Aarp article about this:

https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...ronavirus.html

Even if/when mandates are lifted, I will be using my common sense and will wear masks where I feel necessary to continue to protect both myself and others. I know the subjective part here is "common sense" and that not everyone utilizes theirs.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

yes, I think many people feel as you do, happystuff.

Yppej
    The middle of last week the Feds announced this coming Tuesday flights from India will stop. After 9/11 planes were immediately grounded but they don't take covid outbreaks seriously, waiting a week before doing anything. The Indian variant has already been found in the US due to this delay. Our leaders suck!

I will ditch my mask as soon as I can, simply due to my hot flashes. They’ve gotten bad. Doesn’t matter what kind of mask I wear, I’m red faced and sweating within 20 min of non-stop wearing a mask. I’m not anti-mask. I’m just hot as hell.

Traded, I had a long, miserable menopause journey so I totally understand. I got so I had to shower at night because I would sweat so much if I tried to blow dry my hair in the morning. In winter I wore tank tops under my shirt so I could take off my shirt at work when sweating. I had the heat vent closed and sealed over with cardboard. I had to drive to work with my windows down in the morning. Mornings were horrible.

Yesterday morning at church (2 hour service), after I did a reading (without mask) I just left it off. I was sitting at the front and off to the side. Some people were giving me looks, but I don’t care. I sit right next to a stone wall I can hug - and do. Today is my last service for a good while due to diving. Hopefully when I’m back in the fall, masks will be gone. I’m full vaxxed. Most of the people from church I know are as well. I’m going to grocery pickup so I don’t have to wear a mask in the store. The only thing I have to go in for is my allergy meds which have to be signed for at pharmacy.

At least at work you only have to wear it away from your desk or when close to someone. Those are quick bits.

Thread Information