Page 341 of 601 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    So, a sort of "...and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name" thing? :-)
    Since it's all private businesses that seem to care, perhaps this is a sign that capitalism is a tool of the devil? :-)

Yppej
    When I got my vaccine another recipient was asking, "Should I laminate my card?" The person was told "No. There are spots for booster shots. Also you don't need to carry your card around. I am entering your information in the Federal database. That's what matters. Anyone can buy a counterfeit card on the internet."

As others have said working for the government requires a fairly extensive background check. I have had at least two. They even came and interviewed my husband which was pretty funny. Took months. I have a passport, Global Entry, etc. Adding a vaccine part to it is fine with me if it allows me to travel outside the US. Or even to use some inside the US facilities.

Privacy? Give me a break. If you use a computer, you have no privacy. Family DNA will track you down.

We got Federal, state and local background checks for every adoption. Have also had them done for the military and various jobs. Thing is, if you have and use a cell phone, your info is "out there". LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I think there are times government is justified in asking for and maintaining data, and times when it is not. I personally don’t see the necessity of signing up for a new bio-surveillance regime. I don’t buy the Facebook panopticon theory or the omniscient deep state theory, so I don’t think it’s a waste of time standing up for privacy rights.

Nor am I convinced that most businesses will soon be turning away custom from people not in some medical apartheid database, so I don’t think that particular threat carries much weight.

My assessment of the risks and benefits of some new surveillance system is that it simply isn’t justified. So I won’t be herded into that particular pen.

Yppej
    Just found a place closer to home (in MA) for my second dose (previously scheduled in NH) and during the signup process I was asked if I consent to share my information with my state "which is required by your state". No choice there.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    My assessment of the risks and benefits of some new surveillance system is that it simply isn’t justified. So I won’t be herded into that particular pen.
    Where does the "surveillance" come into this system, if they are simply issuing a verifiable proof of vaccination?

I also wonder how many people signed up for their vaccine through some sort of government web site like myturn.ca.gov as I did. The state obviously already knows that I had my vaccine. The worry that somehow the state issuing vaccine passports will result in nefarious use of the knowledge of who is vaccinated is only possible if by nefarious one means "people can't easily lie and say they had it if they didn't."

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I also wonder how many people signed up for their vaccine through some sort of government web site like myturn.ca.gov as I did.
    I don't know if was myturn but many vaccine sign ups seemed to be routed through a state website (directly to their webpage, I'm not implying anything remotely hidden)
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t have a problem with providing identification establishing I am who I say I am to board a plane, vote or pick up a prescription. But I do object to making which diseases I’m vaccinated for literally a federal issue.
    Schools do this all the time.

Wonder if insurance companies will charge less for those vaccinated? There are ramifications, if not.

Thread Information