Page 349 of 601 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I do not know your lives.

I do not know your resources or your breaking points.

but i offer you John Stewart Mill “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

Or Jana stanfield “[you] cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that [you] can do.”
    Is this directed at Healthcare providers who are fed up with ignorance? If yes, please avail yourself of a mask that has been worn for a full week, and get in there and help!

Data from the last year, on matters of caregiver burden, has approximated just what effect the pandemic may have had on the rate. Just this week, a systematic review and meta-analysis of 97,000-plus healthcare workers found depression, anxiety, and PTSD were each prevalent in more than 20% of the observed workforce.

Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I can't talk on my phone in the car on speaker phone, even though studies show all the buttons people have to press to take or initiate a handsfree call on bluetooth are more distracting than what I did for years, because heaven forbid one person die in a car accident, everyone's freedom must be curtailed. It is not just with covid.
    Yup. All these safety measures put in place to make your life miserable. You truly are oppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I do not know your lives.

I do not know your resources or your breaking points.

but i offer you John Stewart Mill “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

Or Jana stanfield “[you] cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that [you] can do.”
    I think both of them can do a lot of good in the world without putting themselves in the path of extreme pathogens.

There is nothing wrong with removing yourself from unfixable, untenable positions.

Myself, I will removing myself for the fkry that is this city’s politics and the accompanying flying bullets.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The mask could prevent a death two weeks from now though.
    Maybe it will prevent a death 200 years from now. Maybe the virus could mutate inside me and a new variant arises. I breathe it out and an insect breathes it in. It starts to travel through the animal kingdom, just as original covid travelled amongst bats and other animals before hitting humans. After 200 years this variant could then find a human host. If I give up all my freedoms now I just might save a life 200 years from now, and every life counts. Now being that I am vaccinated the chances of this happening are miniscule, but you never know. Anthrax lies dormant in the soil for years.

Ignore all the downward trends in infections, hospitalizations and deaths. Ignore that trends are all moving downward despite some states dumping mask mandates. Be afraid, be very afraid. Be so afraid that public health experts can continue to get all the attention that will help their careers by whipping up hysteria about "impending doom". Never mind that the doom never materialized and things got better instead. Walensky has to be right. I mean she's an expert, right? What do ignorant ordinary people know? How can their experiences of the pandemic possibly compare to hers or those of other self-described public health heroes? If we don't listen to them and appreciate them they might quit and then where would we be?

Free. That's where.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Following the science is not fear. No misery in my life.

Sorry science doesn't match your needs. Whine away. Can't imagine an hour in your angry skin.

This pandemic has been so awfully inconvenient, so awfully inconvenient I tell you. All lives have value in theory, but if yeppej was drowning, I don't think i'd bother to disrupt my stroll. I mean she herself says her life is worth no bother.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej, why don’t you just move to a red state where you can live free to your heart’s content and stop whining all day every day about the tyranny of having to wear a piece of clothing that keeps other people safe. Mississippi, with only 45% having received even one shot of the vaccine would probably be perfect for you. Undoubtedly no one there is wearing or expected to wear a mask. You can live happily ever after since you are vaccinated while the virus continues to burn through the population for the foreseeable future. But, hey, that was their decision so it won’t be your problem. Right?

Gardnr,

this is why I basically no longer post here. I fail miserably and frequently to communicate with others here.

let me rephrase.

first two lines - you may very well be irretrievably burned out, I am not in a position to judge.

But I see what you do and I know that we need you, and while you may not be able to do what you are doing anymore, I hope you will not just tell us all to go to hell. Because I don’t want to see the world in the hands of the people who are not stressed by this.

my masks are cloth and I wash them and I put them back on and I go teach and I say “please cover your nose” dozens of times a day. And I tell high school kids truths about vaccines and where to find good information. Because that is what I can do.

my profession lost a lot of good people this year as well, and I grieve that too.

We are in New Hampshire at least once a week and the mask mandate has been lifted there. There is absolutely no difference in mask wearing--they are required in all stores, etc., the dentist office, everywhere we have been. People still wear them out of the store until they are a safe distance from other people.

So I don't think, just because a state lifts the mandate, that it mean no one is wearing a mask. There is nowhere to go inside in NH where you are not wearing a mask, and people wear them when they are passing each other, just as before.

Yppej
    Although the outdoor mask mandate has been lifted in my state I still see people walking by themselves wearing masks. I have no problem with that. We all should have the power of choice. I also believe businesses can put in place whatever restrictions they want, but I don't have to shop there. For instance, I am not buying clothes because I am not allowed to try them on.

Thread Information