Page 139 of 601 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Given our govt system with 50 states, would the Feds have had the authority to shut the entry country down? I don’t really know. This is regardless of who the prez is.
    https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/about...isolation.html

I just read in the local newspaper (on-line) that they are canceling this year's Twin Cities Marathon. The October Twin Cities Marathon. Well, they're holding an honor-system "run-26-miles-and-record-your-time-and-get-your-certificate-and-swag" virtual marathon. But the outside marathon is not being held this year. I'm seeing more and more events past the summer be evaluated for how realistic it is for them to occur in a pandemic.

Some of our dance groups have been discussing how we might be able to dip a dancing toe into the water in the coming months. The conversations run aground pretty quickly because it's just not the kind of dancing you can do six feet apart. There also are significant logistical issues around wearing masks and how wearing one will work with between-dance mingling and snacking. At the same time, this generally is an older crowd, with the conditions that afflict many older people, so exposure is a concern. One of our older dancers (91; bless him!) and his 75 yo partner have told me they do not plan to be dancing again any time soon because of the risk of exposure. I'm sure they're not the only ones.

I've given up on the notion of a "second wave" of coronavirus in the U.S. because I don't think the first wave will be gone any time soon. *sigh*
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I just read in the local newspaper (on-line) that they are canceling this year's Twin Cities Marathon. The October Twin Cities Marathon. Well, they're holding an honor-system "run-26-miles-and-record-your-time-and-get-your-certificate-and-swag" virtual marathon. But the outside marathon is not being held this year. I'm seeing more and more events past the summer be evaluated for how realistic it is for them to occur in a pandemic.

Some of our dance groups have been discussing how we might be able to dip a dancing toe into the water in the coming months. The conversations run aground pretty quickly because it's just not the kind of dancing you can do six feet apart. There also are significant logistical issues around wearing masks and how wearing one will work with between-dance mingling and snacking. At the same time, this generally is an older crowd, with the conditions that afflict many older people, so exposure is a concern. One of our older dancers (91; bless him!) and his 75 yo partner have told me they do not plan to be dancing again any time soon because of the risk of exposure. I'm sure they're not the only ones.

I've given up on the notion of a "second wave" of coronavirus in the U.S. because I don't think the first wave will be gone any time soon. *sigh*
    The choir I belong to had, naturally, cancelled its spring concert. They are holding off any decision about the December concert. I will be disappointed, but not surprised if it, too, gets cancelled. Choir members are older and indoor, close-contact, group singing is a big no-no! (Also, singing with a mask... I don't think so. lol)

It will be nice when these types of things can be resumed - SAFELY!!! I want to be able to go back to choir and worry about hitting the right notes, not worry about getting sick or getting someone else sick.

Stay safe, everyone.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I got a link this morning from someone whose friend and co-worker is experiencing a hellish "recovery." She's featured in an article:

LOS ANGELES - Since the first reported cases of the novel coronavirus, several support groups have emerged on Facebook consisting of thousands of members calling themselves “long haul survivors,” reporting COVID-19 symptoms that they say have lasted for months.

“Today is day 93,” said Amy Watson, a preschool teacher who lives in Portland, Oregon as she shared a photograph of her thermometer that read 100.3 on June 18. She first tested positive for COVID-19 on April 11, after falling ill with flu-like symptoms in mid-March.

Watson said she has had a persistent fever for nearly three months now, along with a handful of other disconcerting symptoms.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/to...swEQeOv_X2ZUk0

Since our phase two reopening our cases are skyrocketing. We went out to a bar last night where we know the owner. He had the bar marked off so no one was close. He said he could survive if he got half the people but he isn’t. He is worried that he won’t make it. Many of the restaurants/bars are up for sale and closed. We are not done with the economic devastation yet the human costs in lives and suffering.

TT you are so right. Our downtown that took literally decades to rebuild and revitalize is dead again. What with the virus, the riots and boarded windows, panhandlers, the loss of convention business and the now danger to women of assault, we need some positive news. Our cases statewide are around 400 per day. Been pretty steady.

IL has actually had decreasing numbers for something like five weeks. The state department of public health head was actually giggling during the press conference yesterday due to the good news. Nice to see.

Still more evidence that population-wide wearing of masks helps slow the spread significantly.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90519909...RZg2L0NTK4gVzo

Over 1/3 of cases in the USA are age 18-44.

34313 new cases yesterday.

This is FARRRRR from over!

From the same friend mentioned above comes the story of a friend's mother who arrived for a visit from Arizona. After a few days, she experienced trouble breathing and soon died from "a massive heart attack." --Which turned out to be caused by multiple blood clots, common in COVID19. I wonder how the health department will code that case.

Thread Information