Page 156 of 601 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

My local LA Fitness is getting weird. First day they said they didn’t want me putting a grocery bag with my sandals and a purse on the floor. Wanted me to actually surrender my purse to them to put at front desk! Nope! Employee said next time no bag on the floor.

Yesterday I went in with a small fanny pack I use when bike riding outside. I hung it off bike hand grip. Not touching floor at all. Different employee got pissy about me having a bag. I suggested he look at the other exercisers who had large bags on the floor by their cardio machines. He slunk away and left me alone.

Why I need a bag of some sort is that you have to wipe down the machines with paper towels and a disinfectant when you’re done. It is far away from the bike. I need both hands free. I’m not leaving my keys, phone, wireless headphones, and good stainless steel water bottle on the bike for someone to steal while I’m getting the stuff to wipe the bike down.

Makes no freaking sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Interesting article Rogar. What struck me was the elitism. Many respondents had a cleaning person...
    I suppose being a national leading disease expert pays pretty well and they can afford a few luxuries, as well as dedicating a lot of time to their work instead of house cleaning. I don't know if I'd call that elitism, but I don't think it diminishes their testimonies.

Many middle class people have cleaners. I had one monthly as did my friends when we worked full time. Take out can be fast food so poor people get that. If I was wealthy I would have those other amenities they mentioned.

Many middle class people have cleaners. I had one monthly as did my friends when we worked full time. Take out can be fast food so poor people get that. If I was wealthy I would have those other amenities they mentioned.
    Of course. My coworker, who worries a lot about germs, still has a cleaner come in. In this pandemic, I wouldn't do it (no that I did otherwise - I mean there is no infinite money font, I can buy that or organic food is almost it).

I only had a cable guy come (for internet) after nearly 3 months of working from home on painfully slow internet (work got done and fairly productively as well, the downsides of that were mostly suffered by me not work, it was all about fighting my internet every day. Then after they came I left home for hours before going back home). Minimum wage though, noone confuses minimum wage with middle class. I don't have my own gym, there are times I have thought of exercise machines though, in a one bedroom but so what, might not make sense. Meantime there are hand weights etc.. Not ideal, yea well since when has anything been in this pandemic.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I thought this article in the Washington Post was enlightening. It interviews Fauci and four other leading disease experts with questions about how they handle day-to-day situations like handling mail and groceries, dining out, doctor visits, meeting with friends and family, gyms, and exercise. I subscribe, but I think they are offering free access to Covid-19 articles. There are some obvious unknowns and there was not total agreement on everything, but all are very cautious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...c93_story.html
    Thanks for sharing that. It was interesting getting a number of different perspectives from people who actually know the science and facts as well as anyone can, and seeing that even the experts don't agree on every single thing. But certain things were pretty much all agreed on. No indoor restaurants. Spacing outside. Masks whenever in the presence of others. Keep away from friends that aren't being as cautious as you are.

I'm in line with all the precautions that would pertain to my life, although I no longer go out to shop.

Great article Roger. Thanks.

I’m sharing it with my family and friends who often ask me the hard questions that are addressed in this article. Basically, “how do we go about our daily lives for the long term, to mitigate risk but still do the necessary things?”

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Interesting article Rogar. What struck me was the elitism. Many respondents had a cleaning person. Some quotes:

"I would die if I didn't do takeout."
    "I have a pool at home."
    "I had a gym built into my house."

Quite a difference from the way many front line workers, a significant number of whom earn minimum wage, live.
    I was relieved that none of them are hiring anyone to wipe down theIr purchases from the grocery store. A couple of them to set their purchases aside for a day without touching them. I was doing that for a while, but stopped and maybe I’ll go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I was relieved that none of them are hiring anyone to wipe down theIr purchases from the grocery store. A couple of them to set their purchases aside for a day without touching them. I was doing that for a while, but stopped and maybe I’ll go back to it.
    Yeah--I'm not too concerned any more with wiping down and such, thought I wash my hands thoroughly after bringing groceries in, and observe a lag time in dealing with some deliveries.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I never got in the habit of that. What I’ve done all along is try to buy non-perishables far enough ahead of time that I can just put them in the cabinet when I get home and by the time we will touch them again enough time will have passed.

Thread Information