Page 299 of 601 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Our public health department in the middle of a coronavirus surge (although the surge *may* be improving a little) is now is telling us it's Very Very Important to wear masks when talking a walk. You tell me how much sense that makes? (IMO very little given what we know about outdoor transmission). But they are public health right, so this is now one of their emphasis - wear a mask when talking a walk or people will keep dying from this thing!

Their other piece of advice for people from the public health department is to wear masks inside their homes if they leave their homes and live with other vulnerable people. From a disease spread perspective this actually *might* make some sense (but enough hours spent in close contact may negate some of the mask benefits). But from a practical perspective noone is going to do it almost. Besides that noone can do it when they sleep. Ok then just keep bedroom doors closed, yea sure if you have multiple rooms, but that isn't going to solve the 20 people living in a 1 bedroom type situation with people are sleeping in the living room couch and floor, people sleeping on the kitchen floor etc..
    early on in the pandemic, Senator Rand Paul recovered from Coronavirus in his family home’s basement while keeping away from the rest of his family members. If they all or any came down with it, I didn’t hear about that. He said they threw him food down there periodically.

But that isnt the same as staying away for months and months on end from household members. The short stint is less onerous.

APN, I don’t have much respect for the directive to wear a mask when you’re outside in nature either. I live in a city and see many walkers out and about. Honestly, it seems that at least half are wearing a mask. This is good! But am I awful for not wearing a mask? I go out daily on a 1 mile walk. I don't know...

I should, however, wear a mask around my neck when going to the community garden in the next few months because that’s easy enough to pull up onto my face if I run into someone. I use only the masks that go around the back of my head. I buy some with elastic ear pieces but they don’t stay on my head so I add elastic to them so that it fits around my head.

Yes, and then people pick up the misinformation and spread it as truth. Useful idiots, as the Soviets say.

I think public health department here is at the point of just: throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks, or running stuff up the flagpole and see who salutes. People are likely getting it from jobs but they won't shut down non-essential businesses. My bfs workplace is at a case a week now and they aren't even getting it from each other but out in the community. There is no reason he can't do his job from home but will they let him? Nope. People are getting it from crowded living conditions but that's intractable poverty and there are not and have never been isolation hotels or other setups to isolate when sick here. Meanwhile swap meets are open and crowded and indoors but that is where a lot of poor people shop. People are getting it from social gatherings but they can't police them. And so it's doubling down on super unlikely sources of transmission like people taking walks without masks or it's unlikely to be practiced suggestions like wear a mask in your house at all times.
    Trees don't grow on money

OWS Operation Warp Speed briefing 1/12/2021 said 38 million doses have been made available to states "without a hitch". I guess it was not worth mentioning the 57 doses intentionally ruined by a "bad actor" pharmacist formerly employed by the Aurora Hospital in Grafton WI.

OWS said the supply was larger than the population in Group 1A. So eligibility for vaccination should expand to all people 65 and older, plus all people 16-65 with a co-morbidity. The federal government now plans to release the entire supply, rather than holding back supply for the Second Dose. The assumption is that the pharmaceutical manufacturers will continue production and will be able to supply the Second Dose in time when it is needed.

OWS observed that some states (notably West Virginia) administer vaccines without delays and confusion, while other states are more opaque and impose more restrictions. OWS response is to base future allocations of vaccines to states "on the pace of administration", the promptness of the state's reporting on vaccination, as well as the size of the state's >65 population. So, in effect after 2 weeks, states which do not get the lead out of their trousers are warned that their allocation may be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    OWS Operation Warp Speed briefing 1/12/2021 said 38 million doses have been made available to states "without a hitch". I guess it was not worth mentioning the 57 doses intentionally ruined by a "bad actor" pharmacist formerly employed by the Aurora Hospital in Grafton WI.

OWS said the supply was larger than the population in Group 1A. So eligibility for vaccination should expand to all people 65 and older, plus all people 16-65 with a co-morbidity. The federal government now plans to release the entire supply, rather than holding back supply for the Second Dose. The assumption is that the pharmaceutical manufacturers will continue production and will be able to supply the Second Dose in time when it is needed.

OWS observed that some states (notably West Virginia) administer vaccines without delays and confusion, while other states are more opaque and impose more restrictions. OWS response is to base future allocations of vaccines to states "on the pace of administration", the promptness of the state's reporting on vaccination, as well as the size of the state's >65 population. So, in effect after 2 weeks, states which do not get the lead out of their trousers are warned that their allocation may be cut.
    A Milwaukee pharmacist was arrested and accused of "tampering with and causing the destruction" of more than 550 doses of the Moderna vaccine against the coronavirus last week, Grafton, Wis., police confirmed.Dec 31, 2020.

Saw in today's paper that he was suspended from his job but no legal action has been taken against him.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I think public health department here is at the point of just: throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks, or running stuff up the flagpole and see who salutes. People are likely getting it from jobs but they won't shut down non-essential businesses. My bfs workplace is at a case a week now and they aren't even getting it from each other but out in the community. There is no reason he can't do his job from home but will they let him? Nope. People are getting it from crowded living conditions but that's intractable poverty and there are not and have never been isolation hotels or other setups to isolate when sick here. Meanwhile swap meets are open and crowded and indoors but that is where a lot of poor people shop. People are getting it from social gatherings but they can't police them. And so it's doubling down on super unlikely sources of transmission like people taking walks without masks or it's unlikely to be practiced suggestions like wear a mask in your house at all times.
    my city’s public health department put out a very carefully worded statement about park playgrounds in summertime. They did not say playgrounds are open. They made noise about playgrounds not being monitored and everyone is urged to take precautions and etc. Since no one was honoring the yellow tape around playgrounds anyway, what point is it to continue to play the game?

Tiny tots must not be denied

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    A Milwaukee pharmacist was arrested and accused of "tampering with and causing the destruction" of more than 550 doses of the Moderna vaccine against the coronavirus last week, Grafton, Wis., police confirmed.Dec 31, 2020.

Saw in today's paper that he was suspended from his job but no legal action has been taken against him.
    Based on the news I have seen from Milwaukee (Grafton being a suburb of MKE) Steven Brandenburg has been fired from his job, and his pharmacist license has been suspended. I understand that he was held in jail overnight before being released on a signature bond, agreeing to appear in court to face charges. I believe that today (Tuesday) the prosecutor will decide exactly what to charge him with. I may have described his offense incorrectly. I believe there were 57 vials involved, and each vial contained 10 doses of vaccine.

I later read that he had been persuaded by misinformation websites that the vaccine "could hurt people by changing their DNA".

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Based on the news I have seen from Milwaukee (Grafton being a suburb of MKE) Steven Brandenburg has been fired from his job, and his pharmacist license has been suspended. I understand that he was held in jail overnight before being released on a signature bond, agreeing to appear in court to face charges. I believe that today (Tuesday) the prosecutor will decide exactly what to charge him with. I may have described his offense incorrectly. I believe there were 57 vials involved, and each vial contained 10 doses of vaccine.

I later read that he had been persuaded by misinformation websites that the vaccine "could hurt people by changing their DNA".
    Pharmacists have a high level of microbiology training. It is weird when one of them escapes that mindset. But then, there are plenty of M.D. outliers, we hear about them all the time running fringe treatment programs.

And sometimes, as in the case of Ignaz Semmelweis or Frances Oldham Kelsey, those outliers are vindicated.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    And sometimes, as in the case of Ignaz Semmelweis or Frances Oldham Kelsey, those outliers are vindicated.
    And other times they are just ignorant outliers:

https://apnews.com/article/salem-cor...12baba065f98dc

Thread Information