Page 424 of 601 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    True. But as everyone here knows there’s a subset of the vaccinated who only got vaccinated because they have an extreme hatred of masks and looked to the vaccination as a savior from the overwhelming horror of having to wear them.
    True that. The only people I know who think it's fair for vaccinated people to have to wear masks are in these forums. In real life everyone thinks like I do, including my relatives who work in health care.

ETA We are furious at a government punishing everyone because they are afraid to take on anti-vaxxers and ask them for proof of vaccination. They are taking the easy and lazy way out and lying and saying the reason is vaccinated people can still infect someone. It's very rare because the viral loads are very different. And even if we infect them so what? They could have gotten the shot.

[QUOTE=Yppej;391296]It's not limited. It's neither limited within a single day as many now have to wear a mask for 8 hours a day or more on the job. I will have to when I have jury duty because my doctor's office left me a message they won't write me an excuse.

Glad to hear it. Talk about wanting special privileges.

eta ... Opened her response by mistake. Will be more careful to avoid this type of ....

Yppej
    [QUOTE=frugal-one;391299]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It's not limited. It's neither limited within a single day as many now have to wear a mask for 8 hours a day or more on the job. I will have to when I have jury duty because my doctor's office left me a message they won't write me an excuse.

eta ... Opened her response by mistake. Will be more careful to avoid this type of ....
    Or you could just delete your response unless, to quote Eminem, "it feels so empty without me".

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post

I think that some people deserve special privileges, but there are others who are just angry and self-involved. Makes me appreciate this quote:

“I started learning how to not be so angry about things, learning how to count my f—ing blessings instead. By doing that, I’ve become a happier person, instead of all this self-loathing I was doing for a while.” – Eminem
    Last edited by happystuff; 9-11-21 at 9:25pm.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It’s understandable that people in government who are actually concerned about public health aren’t predicting if or when we can all burn our masks. That mistake got made at the beginning of the summer. Intelligent people don’t make the same mistake twice. Or, if it wasn’t their mistake they learn from others’ mistakes.

Yppej
    It’s understandable that people in government who are actually concerned about public health aren’t predicting if or when we can all burn our masks. That mistake got made at the beginning of the summer. Intelligent people don’t make the same mistake twice. Or, if it wasn’t their mistake they learn from others’ mistakes.
    There's a difference between not predicting when a mandate will end and saying a mandate will continue for 9 and a half months regardless of the facts.

Yppej
    The mandate ended in the beginning of the summer because the governor of Utah pointed out to Biden there was no incentive to get vaccinated since vaccinated people still had to wear masks.

So according to your logic the government officials are stupid because they are making the same mistake a second time of putting mask mandates in place that disincentivize vaccination. Maybe the governor of Utah needs to remind them again as they have lost all common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It's not limited. It's neither limited within a single day as many now have to wear a mask for 8 hours a day or more on the job. I will have to when I have jury duty because my doctor's office left me a message they won't write me an excuse.
    24 minus 8, is not limited?
    I was called last month for Jury duty. You need to see if your notice has a call a day before showing. At least locally, they are trying to limit people's exposure and are delaying/settling, etc. All Jurors for that day were released the day before. This releases me for three years.
    A doctor is required to state a valid medical reason, under oath. You might try a psychologist or psychiatrist and see if they could provide a note.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    24 minus 8, is not limited?
    It's half your waking hours.

Work is a big chunk of people's days. If it were incidental most wouldn't retire but would keep working for the additional purchasing power, but it's significant. It's so large a chunk of time that some countries like France have reduced the normal work week to under 40 hours.

I actually never encounter these furious at government over masks people in my actual life. Only on these forums. A bit annoyed we still have mask requirements for many things yes.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information