Page 295 of 313 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3125

Thread: Conavirus......

Restaurants and bars are closed for all but take out (and who does take out from a bar), and personal services like barbers are closed, some may be operating illegally, well I know some are but I think most restaurants anyway are complying, the other stuff probably less so. And more restaurants will no doubt go under. We are neither saving the economy nor the hospital system, but noone is going to loosen restrictions more in the verge of hospitals having no capacity and going to crisis care standards, and they are very near to crisis care standards. Maybe if we had had a full shutdown a bit before thanksgiving at least the medical system would have been saved. Half measures have failed.

Thing is California always had limited hospital capacity per population compared to many states, and all this stuff probably drove state by state decisions on shut downs etc.. Anyway it's failed at this point.

It effects stuff, I suggest to bf to take a hike, a hike is noone's definition of high covid risk, nor really the hiking I do of much risk of anything it's neither backcountry nor extreme nor etc., but bf is like: what if one sprained an ankle, there is no hospital capacity. Well there is no hospital capacity (and urgent care has lines around the block daily - hours waiting). Fine let's sit at home-prison.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Will your BF even go for a walk in your neighborhood or a local park?

The government of Sweden has reacted to the reduction in available ICUs with new authority to make virus-restrictions legally binding (effective 1/10/2021) , as opposed to voluntary (as in recent months).

All regions of Sweden will be subject to the same restrictions. Notifications of new restrictions will be sent to every registered cell phone number in the country.

Among the restrictions:
    Indoor venues must limit the number of visitors to 1 person per 10 square meters,
    Private events are limited to 8 persons or less.

Will your BF even go for a walk in your neighborhood or a local park?
    yes, 10 months of that and well this novel coronavirus has lost all it's novelty. If it were a novel, it would be War and Peace. You get the drift.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

From a friend of mine who is an ER doctor at a major hospital :

"What do the new UK and South Africa SarsCOV2 virus variants mean? *6 minutes*. That's what they mean. If it would ordinarily take 15 minutes of exposure for you to get Covid19 from another person who has it, it now takes *only 6 minutes*. Minimize your exposure to other people! Do not trust negative tests, they are falsely reassuring. No prolonged interaction with someone not in your household is really safe.

Things are worse than ever out there. Record cases every day, record deaths. Please be safe my friends, safer than ever, because it's more dangerous than ever."

Thanks for the additional info, bae. Sigh... while the vaccine is giving hope, reality is that it IS still dangerous to everyone.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Thanks for the additional info, bae. Sigh... while the vaccine is giving hope, reality is that it IS still dangerous to everyone.
    Her note was prompted by the troublesome fact that it is *more* dangerous to everyone, at a time when we are all tired of this business.

This seems to be the point of maximum danger, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Her note was prompted by the troublesome fact that it is *more* dangerous to everyone, at a time when we are all tired of this business.

This seems to be the point of maximum danger, so far.
    Important difference!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Dr. Fauci opined that the next two months will be the most dangerous so far in the pandemic.
    I also just read that studies show around 75% of COVID survivors have lingering symptoms six months or longer after exposure.

2 restaurants operating illegally (albeit outside but that's not legal at this point either), and seemingly a massage chain (!), everyone is out and about, me to to go to a plant nursery (legal and of course largely outside) or I will lose my mind from boredom. I think at this point it's getting impossible not to get it here.

Thread Information