Page 165 of 601 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    So glad you were able to get back to church, Tradd. One of these Sundays I will have to brave it! Church of Zoom does not work for me very well, although I tried it.
    So was I! Communion is administered in the Orthodox Church with a spoon. The cut up pieces of the bread are in a chalice of wine that the priest spoons from. Everyone ordinarily is given Communion with the same spoon. Our priest bought a large number of stainless steel iced tea spoons (long handle). A different spoon is used for each communicant. After the service, they are rinsed in alcohol and then washed in very hot water and soap.

Added: We are allowed 30 people at a service. That includes priest, 2 altar servers, and 2 singers. The rest of us are asked NOT to sing due to possible enhanced spread of that plague that way. So, 25 people in the congregation.

My priest has instituted a Google signup document. Every two weeks its sent out for the Sunday Liturgy (Eucharist), Saturday evening Vespers (evening prayer), and any feast day services in those two weeks. Apparently, if there are no spaces available, you won't be able to sign up.

That also. And more importantly.

i was thinking of the ones who say “God will protect me.”

There was actually a woman on the news near me who said she wasn’t worried about the virus because she was washed in the blood of Christ. And my Dd asked “so, is she saying she doesn’t mind dying, or does she think that’s like a vaccine?”

It’s ridiculous how some people think God will protect them and not others. I guess because they are special)

What I want to know is why God would protect someone from coronavirus but wouldn't protect them from a bad guy with a gun.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    What I want to know is why God would protect someone from coronavirus but wouldn't protect them from a bad guy with a gun.
    I doubt anyone thinks God will save them from anything, it's more likely they believe whatever happens is part of His plan for them with Heaven being their reward. At least that's how my Grandmother explained it to me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I doubt anyone thinks God will save them from anything, it's more likely they believe whatever happens is part of His plan for them with Heaven being their reward. At least that's how my Grandmother explained it to me.
    Whatever works for you... seriously.

I, personally, like this response when discussions regarding "religion" arise:

http://loveneverending.com/the-best-...leonardo-boff/

Excerpt:

In a round table discussion about religion and freedom in which Dalai Lama and myself were participating at recess, I maliciously and also with interest, asked him: “Your holiness, what is the best religion?”

I thought he would say: “The Tibetan Buddhism” or “The oriental religions, much older than Christianity.” The Dalai Lama paused, smiled and looked me in the eyes…which surprised me because I knew of the malice contained in my question.
    He answered: “The best religion is the one that gets you closest to God. It is the one that makes you a better person.”

To relieve my embarrassment with such a wise answer, I asked: “What is it that makes me better?”

He responded:
    “Whatever makes you
    more compassionate,
    more sensible,
    more detached,
    more loving,
    more humanitarian,
    more responsible,
    more ethical.
    The religion that will do that for you is the best religion.”
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

In WI, the positivity rate on the tests reported on 7/12 was 10.1% I understand this to mean that for every 100 tests, about 10 Wisconsinites are positive for COVID-19.
    So, it looks like Wisconsin is getting sicker.
    The positivity rate used to be in the 2-4% range.
    Then it was in the 4-10% range... and now we are again at the top of that range.

My 14-Day Moving Average of new cases in the state hit a low on 6/19 at 278.9 At that time I believed we could look forward to returning to normal, if the new cases kept on dropping.
    Today the 14-DMA of new cases in WI is up to 600.

In addition to taking all reasonable precautions in my own family and home, I believe it is necessary to brace for bad news... people I know may be in quarantine in the near future. And bracing for the possibility of worse news that may follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I doubt anyone thinks God will save them from anything.
    If that is what people believe, it certainly is not how many of them express it in everyday terms. And it puts a huge dent in intercessory prayer.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I’m positive.

If this were happening a year ago I would tell you that I have a cold and I feel tired. Because of our work regulations I was tested on Friday and just got the results this evening.

I’ll keep you all informed so we can learn about this together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I’m positive.

If this were happening a year ago I would tell you that I have a cold and I feel tired. Because of our work regulations I was tested on Friday and just got the results this evening.

I’ll keep you all informed so we can learn about this together.
    So sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated.

Thread Information