Page 159 of 601 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

We're doing contact tracing in VT, too.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My aunt is a nurse and her skills could be used in this outbreak but she has taken retirement since she is worried, not about contracting the virus, but about breathing in her own carbon dioxide by wearing a mask 8 hours a day.
    Hilarious. Tell us another!

Alaska is doing contact tracing and when they hit a roadblock with bars, they simply put the names of all the bars with issues in the local paper. Got a lot of people's attention. I noticed in some areas, the places with a positive employee are named and closed until cleaned. Here in IN, they want us to not know. I found out my favorite baker and her husband had it as did one or more of her employees.

My brother was a tester for one day in a meat packing facility. He said 50% tested positive.

How do you track with that kind of rate? Record keeping seems monumentous. Good employment for bureaucrats, I guess.

The Bay Area is also very much doing contact tracing. But we are fortunate to have fairly robust social services here. And a willingness to provide money And other assistance to people who have covid but can’t afford to lose income by quarantining, etc. Trying to set up tracing somewhere like Florida is likely to be less successful for any number of reasons.
    I'm not sure what is going on here, I don't think anything, CA was as granular data as I could get. I guess the Bay Area just does better because they have lots of rich people and way less poor people, and that's the ticket. Trust me I probably pay all the same tax rates (oh wait sales tax is more here, over 10% - true much for designated usage, but believe it we pay for good government, but when it comes time to deliver it's always lost in the mail). Local government is always continuously relentlessly bad, but could be much worse of course! I think at this point they may be deliberately suppressing testing locally. I mean look I know there are supply issues blah blah, but positivity rate is huge and they are saying cases are down … uh … shakes head. So at the least they are lying to us.

I do think Cali in general has a policy to pay people for 14 days of having to quarantine. The problem is it seems very few people KNOW about that policy and what use is a policy few use because few know about. Employers aren't telling people, who is.
    Trees don't grow on money

Nurses and doctors are used to wearing masks their entire shifts in surgical and other areas. Either your aunt is not a nurse or she is crazy. If it’s the latter good thing she is retired.

Nurses and doctors are used to wearing masks their entire shifts in surgical and other areas. Either your aunt is not a nurse or she is crazy. If it’s the latter good thing she is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My aunt is a nurse and her skills could be used in this outbreak but she has taken retirement since she is worried, not about contracting the virus, but about breathing in her own carbon dioxide by wearing a mask 8 hours a day.
    One day this week I was in a hurry to get to the grocery store in the morning and forgot to floss and brush my teeth. My bad breath trapped in the mask sort of grossed me out.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Arizona is just a mess right now with this. It's scary as the one thing this state has historically had going for it - quick access to the human rights of offshoring health and dental and optical care to Mexico - may become a thing of the past due to Covid. This would greatly decrease the competitive advantage of living in Arizona and would also increase the citizenship risk of living in Arizona to the level of states much further from the border. Not to mention the escalating numbers of deaths and also severely ill people. Arizona really is quickly losing that which it once had going for it. Rob

My brother lives in Prescott and because they don’t have the virus they are holding all sorts of summer events. So stupid! They aren’t going anywhere of course because he has a serious lung condition that he developed at 35.

Thread Information