Page 157 of 601 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Good article. Thanks for posting it. I'm thinking I need to let groceries sit for a bit, I don't think I do well with those. I do have a sibling who wipes everything down and is SUPER vigilant with everything. But then, the spouse is a transplant survivor as well as dealing with various cancers currently and the past couple years - chemo, radiation, other treatments continuously! They really do live in fear of this virus, as it would be a death sentence to the spouse. I can't even imagine living with that kind of fear on a daily basis. Again, another reason to mask-up - not only for yourself, but you never know what is happening with the folks around you!!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Tomorrow is two weeks and today California hit another record high number of cases. Let's see if things magically improve overnight. With a two week incubation period for covid the masks, if they really work, will stop this spike in less than 24 hours.
    Over two weeks now since California mandated masks and the Bay Area, strict all along, is in as bad shape as it was at its peak in April, whilst Oklahoma site of the maskless Trump rally is not featured in the news as a hot spot.

If mask advocates tell you they have all the answers, don't listen to them. The virus doesn't. It goes its own merry way, and is already mutating to ensure it can continue to spread and live.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Over two weeks now since California mandated masks and the Bay Area, strict all along, is in as bad shape as it was at its peak in April, whilst Oklahoma site of the maskless Trump rally is not featured in the news as a hot spot.

If mask advocates tell you they have all the answers, don't listen to them. The virus doesn't. It goes its own merry way, and is already mutating to ensure it can continue to spread and live.
    I’m not sure you know California geography very well.

happystuff, hubby was just told a worker he worked with building a home last week at Habitat has a fever and went to get tested. Even though they took all the precautions and they were good ones, it is still very stressful waiting. We cancelled a breakfast with his mother for today just in case.

My DIL is glad she didn’t get her haircut because one of the workers there has it.

Was invited to the neighbor's for an informal birthday celebration with (mostly) people from his church. I counted 14 people (a few leaving as we arrived; some arriving after us) plus us plus the guest of honor and his wife and not one. damn. mask besides ours. Not even on the GoH and his DW, both of whom are undergoing treatment for cancer and who have other "underlying conditions". Nothing I would call "social distancing" either. We stayed long enough to pay our respects and went back home.

I realize the odds of infection are relatively low in our little corner of Minnesota. But they're not nothing, especially if people are going to pretend this virus does not exist.

*smh*
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Was invited to the neighbor's for an informal birthday celebration with (mostly) people from his church. I counted 14 people (a few leaving as we arrived; some arriving after us) plus us plus the guest of honor and his wife and not one. damn. mask besides ours. Not even on the GoH and his DW, both of whom are undergoing treatment for cancer and who have other "underlying conditions". Nothing I would call "social distancing" either. We stayed long enough to pay our respects and went back home.

I realize the odds of infection are relatively low in our little corner of Minnesota. But they're not nothing, especially if people are going to pretend this virus does not exist.

*smh*

So unfortunate...
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Our neighbors invited us to their daughter’s high school graduation party in their backyard. It was full of people and we didn’t go.

There is an anti-mask proponents on our Nextdoor site. He claims to have years of medical experience but, hummmmmm.

I’m not sure why the anti-maskers are so invested in that.

For me, with my simple life, it is easy to wear a mask the very few times I go into a enclosed building where there are other people present. So that means I wear a mask maybe twice a week? If that. I certainly am not gonna wear one whenever I go off my property because I do that with the intention of not running into any other humans.

I will admit to being inside a restaurant three times in the past four months, Only one time of which I wore a mask. But one of those times I had not planned to be intentionally inside, in a county where there has been 4 or 6 virus cases total.But in that same restaurant it’s a big tourist site so there’s that.

I just don’t get what the big deal is about wearing a mask in situations where it is easy to wear a mask. It would not be easy for me to wear a mask when I’m gardening, if I were exercising in the gym, in hot humid days where I’m walking around the park, etc.

Here we are supposed to wear masks even outside. I wear it around my neck and if I pass someone outside and can’t cross the street to avoid them I pull it up. We have to wear them at restaurants unless you are sitting at a table. We have some nutty anti mask people on Nextdoor too. Your real name appears with what you post and yet people still post ignorant comments.

Thread Information