Page 432 of 454 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4534

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Idaho has a border with Canada.
    Yeah, but it's a tiny border, and the idea of Canadians (or anyone, frankly) invading Idaho makes me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I see the results of this every day, along with obvious cat-fishers and their fake profiles. It's a jungle out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Idaho has such a problem because it's one of the least vaccinated states in the country. There are a lot of white supremacists and related malcontents there (who love to point their nicotine-stained fingers at immigrants from a country that has fewer infected people than we do.

Speaking of borders, it makes me angry that ignorant Idahoans are now breaching Washington's borders and taking up valuable beds when at least the western part of our state is between 70% and 80% vaccinated.
    That sounds a lot like the same sentiment someone shared with flowerseverywhere, but at least it is directed to white malcontents with nicotine stained fingers, which probably makes it ok in many circles.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Idaho has a border with Canada.
    71% of Albertans have been vaccinated. I don't think those rascally Canadians swarming into Idaho are the problem.

The bad news continues:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...surge-rcna1997

From the article: "It’s become an ethical challenge, as Washington has been aggressive in its Covid safety measures while Idaho’s state leaders have done little to address the latest surge." This makes me absolutely livid.

To quote Rochelle Walensky, I have a sense of "impending doom" and feel that I should rush out to stores and buy things while I can still do so without wearing a mask and without the stores being shut down. The last stats I heard, last week, were hospitals in my state were at 7% capacity, ICUs at 14%, but the long arms of the health departments continue to snatch back our freedoms regardless of facts. The person I spoke with got the stats from the NIH.

The second largest city in my state put in a mask mandate and the local news said it's because "college students are returning to campus even though most of them are vaccinated". Yep - there are vaccine mandates in higher ed so except for a few religious and medical exemptions they are all vaccinated. Great logic, right?

But treat us like Idaho because we all got vaccinated for nothing and facts don't matter.

I’m in the UK right now. Their Covid testing, tracking, and reporting infrastructure are far superior to what I have observed in the USA. And the general behaviour of the citizens seems generally better - distancing, hand washing, mask wearing, sanitation, and so on.

Latest CDC guidance updated 8/25/21:

"International travel poses additional risks, and even fully vaccinated travelers might be at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading some covid-19 variants."

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html

This includes the UK variant which is "considerably more contagious than the original virus" and "also comes with an increased risk of severe illness and death" according to this link from the NIH:

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...-of-mortality/

Thank you to everyone who has put off your international travel during the pandemic. You are the real heroes.

Shade

Hope you are having a good trip and a great visit, bae!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information