Page 433 of 454 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 4535

Thread: Conavirus......

  1. #4321
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The bad news continues:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...surge-rcna1997

    From the article: "It’s become an ethical challenge, as Washington has been aggressive in its Covid safety measures while Idaho’s state leaders have done little to address the latest surge." This makes me absolutely livid.
    Congratulations to you Jane for taking the bait of mainstream media’s “three stories of the day to rile us up.” JP will be along shortly to provide back up, no doubt.

    I didn’t know we were allowed to voice concerns about scarcity in conjunction with borders. That is interesting, and is an idea I can get behind for sure!

    https://www.bnd.com/news/coronavirus...247169186.html
    since patients from the liberal controlled, Obama electing, Covid lockdown land known as Illinois come over to our hospitals all the time, it’s hard for me to get upset by this exact thing at this time. I would draw my boundaries bigger than you have, and reserve my distain for persons who are not here legally receiving the scarce medical attention provided by intensive care health services.

    It *IS* upsetting that hospital capacity is at serious levels across the country And our healthcare system and healthcare workers are strained. Yes I find that extremely worrisome.

  2. #4322
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    390
    "It *IS* upsetting that hospital capacity is at serious levels across the country And our healthcare system and healthcare workers are strained. Yes I find that extremely worrisome."

    Exactly. And our governor (with Oregon's) has taken heat for making sure Washington is as safe and prepared as possible. It makes me angry that Idaho's leadership is so indifferent to what is clearly a crisis, and that people who need critical care may not get it because of his indifference. I'm not fabricating Idaho's hospital crisis.

  3. #4323
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    11,740
    A kid locally had his appendix burst after being in the ER for 7 hours because they didn’t have the staff to operate or a bed because of Covid. It was on the nightly news. He did survive.

  4. #4324
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309
    Apparently the pro-death President Of Brazil was forced to eat pizza on the sidewalk after NYC restaurants refused him entry because he isn’t vaccinated. Of course the UN is going to use the ‘honor system’ of vaccine requirements the same way the debate folks used the ‘honor system’ for testing last fall resulting in team trump showing up all diseased. Already one of Bolsonaro’s delegation has tested positive for the covids.

  5. #4325
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,955
    Supposedly vaccines don't protect against breakthrough infections so what does the government do with new variants developing around the globe? Lift travel restrictions on foreign nationals effective in November so they can come flooding into the country for the holidays.

    So I have to wear masks because people want to jet set around the globe. This is why people hate elites and almost a year after the election I still see Trump flags, Trump bumper stickers, and Trump signs.

  6. #4326
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Supposedly vaccines don't protect against breakthrough infections so what does the government do with new variants developing around the globe? Lift travel restrictions on foreign nationals effective in November so they can come flooding into the country for the holidays.

    So I have to wear masks because people want to jet set around the globe. This is why people hate elites and almost a year after the election I still see Trump flags, Trump bumper stickers, and Trump signs.
    What do the trump flags and bumper stickers have to do with hating elites?

  7. #4327
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    9,811
    jp1;392291]What do the trump flags and bumper stickers have to do with hating elites?
    Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

    Otter: [whispering] Germans?

    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

  8. #4328
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,955
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    What do the trump flags and bumper stickers have to do with hating elites?
    Trump ran as a populist. Among other things he said, "I love the poorly educated."

  9. #4329
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Apparently the pro-death President Of Brazil was forced to eat pizza on the sidewalk after NYC restaurants refused him entry because he isn’t vaccinated. Of course the UN is going to use the ‘honor system’ of vaccine requirements the same way the debate folks used the ‘honor system’ for testing last fall resulting in team trump showing up all diseased. Already one of Bolsonaro’s delegation has tested positive for the covids.
    I watch Cash Gordon’s videos on NYC real estate, and there I see that MANY restaurants have adapted to Covid by making outdoor dining areas. I doubt it was much of a sacrifice to eat outside. This sounds like made up drama.

  10. #4330
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    9,811
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This sounds like made up drama.
    The Hidden Persuaders have well-honed their craft.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •