Page 245 of 601 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Jp, I am guessing your nice weather is helping since you can do many things outside.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And restaurants/bars being too open. But yeah, it's people getting together indoors without masks. Like the stupid parents hosting a homecoming dance in a restaurant. Like the stupid ass state rep on Staten Island in blue state NY who plans to have a big superspreader thanksgiving at his home.

I think we're actually in agreement here. I haven't spent any time indoors with anyone other than SO since this began. And certainly not without a mask. And I don't plan to any time soon. When the movers were doing their thing I insisted that SO and I stay outside as much as possible and we had all the windows wide open until an hour after they left. Who knows. Maybe our numbers are only good because we have nice weather here all summer so people can easily get together outside. If that's the case and we have a cold, wet winter then maybe our numbers will go through the roof in the next few months. I don't know.
    [/B

Interesting on the perception of cold. Here in WI people are outside eating ice cream in 30 degree weather. Noticed places put up ice shanties outside their businesses in hopes people will eat there when it is cold. It is 36 and windy now and saw one occupied. You couldn't pay me to eat in a confined space like that. Also wonder about how to sterilize the place???

I'm not sure why Nancy Pelosi's stylist is such a big deal when surely all the blondes in the White House aren't dyeing their own hair.
    I guess she could have had it colored by someone in her bubble... And how do we know she wasn't wearing a mask, anyway?

I just read an article confirming what most of us have assumed for a long time--that masks (assuming they're well-designed) protect the wearer as well as those around them. It's just common sense, but it's nice to have science to back it up.

I'm not just focused on large indoor gatherings, I'm focused on all indoor gathering without masks, which includes restaurants/bars. Looking at the covid risk assessment map which shows the likelihood of there being at least one infected person in a gathering of various sizes the numbers are scary:

St Louis County:
    In a group of 25 people there's a 55% chance that at least one person will have an active case.
    In a group of 15 people there's a 38% chance that at least one person will have an active case

Cook county IL,
    25 people, 65% chance
    15 people 47% chance.

San Francisco
    25 people 11% chance
    15 people, 7% chance

Washoe County NV
    25 people 57% chance
    15 people 40% chance

King County WA (Seattle)
    25 people, 22% chance
    15 people, 14% chance

Greeley County KS (mom's hometown)
    50% chance with a group of TENpeople.

In ND there are currently 8 counties where the risk of at least one current positive is over 75% for groups of just 10 people. Yet the governor of the state only just the other day finally implemented a mask requirement. Almost 1 in every 1000 residents of that state has died from covid. And they are only now implementing a mask requirement?

Any of those, even San Francisco's or Seattle's numbers, seem like really bad odds if one is considering eating indoors at a restaurant.

https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm not sure why Nancy Pelosi's stylist is such a big deal when surely all the blondes in the White House aren't dyeing their own hair.
    I guess she could have had it colored by someone in her bubble... And how do we know she wasn't wearing a mask, anyway?
    She was caught on video.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    She was caught on video.
    Not a good look, Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    She was caught on video.
    She claimed she was set up.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    She claimed she was set up.
    Giving her the benefit of the doubt, the salon employee may have told her we can have one customer at a time.

But why no mask? And why not verify the information? I remember in the scruffy spring days ordinary folks all knew what you could and couldn't get whether cut, color, blow dry, beard trim, etc. Of course we have to know, because the rules apply to us.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Not a good look, Nancy.
    I agree. At the time outdoor stylist work was allowed. Nancy should have done that. Then the news would have been good.

Thread Information