Page 148 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Our national response to this is cringeworthy. Do we never look at what successful countries do and follow suit? (Comprehensive contact tracing, for example.)

I lay most of the blame for this at Trump's feet, but I wonder--with so many ready to jump on far-out Russian spread conspiracy theories and anti-science bias, if we might have done nearly as badly under a competent leader.
    I think you are having a hard time living in these United States because there is no legal authority for public health policies at a national level. See, we are states. United. Get it!?

I wouldnt surprised if Trump started something because he thinks he is King, but guess what—he isnt. Rational people want to keep him or his ilk or anyone from any ilk from King status.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Our national response to this is cringeworthy. Do we never look at what successful countries do and follow suit? (Comprehensive contact tracing, for example.)

I lay most of the blame for this at Trump's feet, but I wonder--with so many ready to jump on far-out Russian spread conspiracy theories and anti-science bias, if we might have done nearly as badly under a competent leader.
    If nothing else a competent leader is unlikely to have politicized masks. That one thing alone would have been a tremendous help.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    If nothing else a competent leader is unlikely to have politicized masks. That one thing alone would have been a tremendous help.
    Yeah, right, the scientists who told us first “ no masks” then now “masks” are not to blame.

That is still one of the biggest wtfs in this entire Covid game.

Yppej
    First only N95 masks are any good, then any cloth face covering will do. I wonder if I got a piece of permeable lace and tied it around my face if anyone would object, not here but in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think you are having a hard time living in these United States because there is no legal authority for public health policies at a national level. See, we are states. United. Get it!?

I wouldnt surprised if Trump started something because he thinks he is King, but guess what—he isnt. Rational people want to keep him or his ilk or anyone from any ilk from King status.
    Like the Balkans. OK, gotcha.

Yea states don't work as they are presently at least for this type of big problem. I wouldn't mind succession, separate countries could control their finances, their currency, their borders, and their policies - something like the EU might work, but boy are there a lot of difficulties doing that at this point. But actual states can't and actually aren't REALLY the one's making decisions entirely either. That's just not true. Nothing can be laid entirely at the states feet with Barr threatening legal action with any states (and cities!) that don't entirely comply with Trump's reopening etc. policies.

States have been given blame but not sufficient actual leeway. So even when states seem blameworthy and stupid and may well be, there is ALSO always an immense amount of pressure from finances to lawsuits being put on them by the Fed gov these days. The buck stops nowhere, everyone and noone is to blame. Of course most the electorate at this point seems to be blaming Trump as well they should.
    Trees don't grow on money

Down with pants!!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Down with pants!!
    Interesting comparison. With the increased popularity of oral sex has the mouth now become, like genitalia, an erogeneous zone that must be covered with a mask to make to make it more forbidden and alluring?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Interesting comparison. With the increased popularity of oral sex has the mouth now become, like genitalia, an erogeneous zone that must be covered with a mask to make to make it more forbidden and alluring?
    This is crazy of course but it made me laugh.

"Increasing popularity" was the part that made me laugh.

Thread Information