Page 149 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

"Increasing popularity" was the part that made me laugh.
    this is what happens when you start giving women the vote ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    this is what happens when you start giving women the vote ...

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yeah, right, the scientists who told us first “ no masks” then now “masks” are not to blame.

That is still one of the biggest wtfs in this entire Covid game.
    Those darn scientists. Getting all sciency and changing their theories as more information becomes available. How dare they! Next thing you know some damn scientist will have the nerve to proclaim that he suspects cholera is spread by contaminated drinking water.

But nonetheless, Trump's adamant refusal to model appropriate public health safety by wearing a mask and even hosting absurdly unsafe large mask-free indoor events has cleaved public belief in the importance of masks and social distancing along political lines in a way that hasn't happened elsewhere. We will suffer from this pandemic way longer than was necessary because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post

But nonetheless, Trump's adamant refusal to model appropriate public health safety by wearing a mask and even hosting absurdly unsafe large mask-free indoor events has cleaved public belief in the importance of masks and social distancing along political lines in a way that hasn't happened elsewhere. We will suffer from this pandemic way longer than was necessary because of it.
    Now now, didn't you hear Mr Pence at the WH briefing: The constitution guarantees the right to assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Those darn scientists. Getting all sciency and changing their theories as more information becomes available...it.
    No.
    It was the lying.

You know, tellIng the dumb public not to buy masks. Secret reason: they are needed for healthcare workers.

Well bars closed again by the governor. That was all of 7 days they were open.

On masks there are restaurants here (really takeout because they never were sit down to begin with, even though sit down is currently allowed) that have now had to close because customers wouldn't wear masks and were threatening employees who told them to, and the business wouldn't put up with it's workers being threatened, so just closed for now. Nice going, anti-mask lunatics.

No.
    It was the lying.

You know, telling the dumb public not to buy masks. Secret reason: they are needed for healthcare workers.
    Yea it's pretty sleazy, especially as they never even used the defense authorization act to manufacture the darn things for healthcare workers, and then everyone else who wanted them them if they had additional capacity. Completely ridiculous. But part of it was perhaps they were thinking in very narrow terms as well - like cloth masks don't provide the protection for the user of an N95 or surgical mask - and they were not necessarily even thinking in epidemiological rather than medical-worker terms. Might be a flaw for medical people to think that way anyway.

Though, I don't trust Fuci much, just not for any reason the Trumpsters have against him, because they are far worse and whoever they replaced him if they got their way is bound to be VASTLY worse, but just he shades things is all - he couldn't even find any flaws in California's reopening plan. Uh hello it's entirely blowing up. The flaws were all in the little people's behavior. But you don't get in that type of position and certainly stay in it now without playing ball and then some.

Before the mask advice changed my bf was like "i'm going to start wearing a mask to the store now" and I was like "masks aren't really effective, you should only wear them if you are sick or caring for a sick person". And he was like "they are just saying that to preserve them for healthcare workers". Well of course he was right. I'm never cynical enough like I say. Maybe I should have started getting advice from Nassim Nicholas Taleb rather than the authorities since hey my bf was. That's what it's come to I guess

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No.
    It was the lying.

You know, tellIng the dumb public not to buy masks. Secret reason: they are needed for healthcare workers.
    Since you're an expert on covid that knew way back then how it was transmitted, do you have a better suggestion for what they should have done? Or do you just want to bitch about the scientists because "yeah! Scientists suck!"

Since you're an expert on covid that knew way back then how it was transmitted, do you have a better suggestion for what they should have done? Or do you just want to bitch about the scientists because "yeah! Scientists suck!"
    Most people would say they should tell the truth as best as they understand it at the time. Like I don't think the philosophy of lying to the little people from their own good actually has that many fans, ESPECIALLY AMONG the little people! And especially if the lying is by those those supposed to represent the search for truth etc.. Way back in the days of W such beliefs of lying to the people for their own good, tended to be attributed to neocons and Leo Strauss (whether or not that was fair to Leo Strauss I wouldn't know). It was Hillary Clinton's public and private positions (though that was never particularly altruistic at all, it was about serving big donors). The thing is Fauci has straight out said it was a lie to preserve masks for medical people, but who knows if it wasn't just a misconception, the liar lying about lying because at least they don't have to admit being wrong, only he claims he lied is all.

I'm probably stirring the pot here, but I thought this was hilarious:
    surgeons.jpg

Thread Information