Page 114 of 601 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Sweden's proved the wisdom of sheltering in place. Its infection rate is by far the highest of the Nordic countries.

If this had the symptoms, infection rate, or mortality of the flu, playing around with herd immunity might be worthwhile, but all indications are that it's much more virulent than the flu. Russian roulette is a good metaphor.
    Symptoms - agree covid is more serious for those who have symptoms
    Infection rate - agree this is more contagious
    Mortality - disagree. It only looks high because we are not testing widely and missing many asymptomatic people

What Sweden is doing is getting it over more quickly with a sharper curve rather than spreading it out over a flatter curve.

I think we just don't know.

What the US did here in my community and many other places was dismantle healthcare in preparation for dealing with Covid, thus endangering people with many other conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Symptoms - agree covid is more serious for those who have symptoms
    Infection rate - agree this is more contagious
    Mortality - disagree. It only looks high because we are not testing widely and missing many asymptomatic people

What Sweden is doing is getting it over more quickly with a sharper curve rather than spreading it out over a flatter curve.
    It may be a long time until we know the true mortality rate--given the deliberate lack of testing--but if comparisons to the yearly flu are any indication, it doesn't look good.

Memorial Day Weekend

People congregated at their favorite spots.

News media noticed the absence of social distancing and masks among the crowds at
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Ocean City MD
    Daytona Beach FL
    Carolina Beach NC
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Venice Beach CA
    Galveston Island TX.

It got tense when 5 people were shot at Daytona Beach FL.

John Olivarri Mayor of Osage Beach MO expressed his sense of futility, I don't know how you would shut down Lake of the Ozarks. There's no way to control that. Source: http://nypost.com/2020/05/25/no-way-...f-ozarks-mayor

Yppej
    Although I do not like my state's mask law I am obeying it, but many other people are not outdoors. I went on a walk yesterday and only one jogger lifted a mask over her face when she approached me. If I saw people I went off the path or if I could not because there was a fence in the way put my mask on. I felt very stupid. What am I going to all this hassle for when most people don't care? Who knows, maybe the jogger only did it because it is the law too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    What am I going to all this hassle for when most people don't care? Who knows, maybe the jogger only did it because it is the law too.
    Do YOU care?

I wear a mask because *I* care. I care about myself and I care about others. Other people will choose to do what they will do. I choose a mask because I care - it's really that simple a choice for me.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I feel like the nerdy teacher's pet, the goody goody.

Same for me Happy. I want everyone to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Same for me Happy. I want everyone to survive.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think everyone here wants everyone to survive. Everyone here cares or they would not be trying to figure out how to best manage the situation, protect each other, and not endanger our own health. I liked what Tammy said somewhere, that two things can be true at the same time. I am attributing good motives to everyone here and hope that we can speak peaceably and respectfully to each other. This board has been a font of wisdom and support over the years; I hope we can keep it that way. Wishing you all good health and peace.

Went for a hike today and people would not move over on the trail. Mentioned social distancing and they laughed. It is getting discerning.

Thread Information