Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    I think this editorial on education in the covid era was spot on:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06...al-distancing/

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I think this editorial on education in the covid era was spot on:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06...al-distancing/
    What are Ehrhard's credentials? I wouldn't trust the average attorney with my health, personally.

I question his conclusions. Children, even infants, have died from this--maybe not in Massachusetts, but elsewhere, and that bit about carbon dioxide has been debunked over and over. Adults can and do suffer from COVID, often with lingering symptoms. A middle-aged friend of a friend has been incapacitated for a couple of months so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A middle-aged friend of a friend has been incapacitated for a couple of months so far.
    Everyday I watch the local stats, everyday some middle age person without pre-existing conditions dies. Anyway death isn't the only thing to fear as the odds may not be that high, disability is often the REALLY scary thing and I don't even think we know the odds there.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    What are Ehrhard's credentials? I wouldn't trust the average attorney with my health, personally.

I question his conclusions. Children, even infants, have died from this--maybe not in Massachusetts, but elsewhere, and that bit about carbon dioxide has been debunked over and over. Adults can and do suffer from COVID, often with lingering symptoms. A middle-aged friend of a friend has been incapacitated for a couple of months so far.
    I think medical professionals want to medicalize everything to make their profession more important. At some point you need to use common sense. Another stupid idea our state has is if a child becomes sick in a childcare center make him or her sit alone in a glass box.

I sympathize with the view that there's a tendency to overmedicalize everything, but I can't really argue with the unprecedented scope of this pandemic. And I've heard of too many middle-aged people with lingering aftereffects of COVID--with the unimaginable medical costs--to get too sanguine about it.

A picture is developing that the most efficient way to contract CV19 is inside, with no mask and no social distancing, in an environment with lots of sustained yelling, singing, coughing, and hugging. Like church, or a Trump rally. I'll surely be avoiding those venues.

Yppej
    A picture is developing that the most efficient way to contract CV19 is inside, with no mask and no social distancing, in an environment with lots of sustained yelling, singing, coughing, and hugging. Like church, or a Trump rally. I'll surely be avoiding those venues.
    Or maybe dancing cheek to cheek on a cruise ship singing along to the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I think medical professionals want to medicalize everything to make their profession more important. At some point you need to use common sense. Another stupid idea our state has is if a child becomes sick in a childcare center make him or her sit alone in a glass box.
    Please don't ever again go to a doctor or talk to a Nurse ever again. You just use your common sense to fight illness because we'll just "medicalize" everything. Wonder why we all got extensive education, do continued education and research to stay current? Obviously, we are the stupid ones.

You are beyond belief.

My husband and I will do what's legal, so will do whatever it takes to keep each other out of trouble, but both of us have agreed that we'd rather just die than go the hospital these days.

Some of us have been mistreated by medical personnel in the past, including things like patient abuse and sexual assault, so I guess people's mileage will vary.

Anyway, I hope everyone on the boards stays healthy! That would be a wonderful thing. And I hope that if they cannot stay healthy, they have medical care available if they want it. That would also be a wonderful thing.

What are Ehrhard's credentials?
    He's a local Republican bankruptcy lawyer from my town who's run for state senate and lost. He has no medical credentials. But he did make sure to share with my town's Facebook page the fact that he got published.

Thread Information