Page 294 of 601 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I saw members of Congress, some I recognize as Democrats, crouched down hoping to avoid rioters. None of them were wearing masks. Do as I say not as I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    this is kind of entertaining...
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    By what standard? Times of terror?
    I took it to mean the iris was amused by the absolute idiocy of how jeppy can turn absolutely any incident into an anti mask tirade. One can only imagine the stupid comment she would have made were we in the middle of the pandemic when Reagan was shot or during 9/11.

IL, you and me both). Jeppy is the master in turning everything into something about masks. Too funny!!

Israel is locking down, effective 1/7/2021, for at least 2 weeks.

Let us make the final effort - together -Prime Minister Netanyahu.

All schools and nonessential businesses will be closed. Residents will be required to stay within 1 kilometer of home, except for grocery shopping, medical care, legal proceedings, and exercise.

All schools and nonessential businesses will be closed. Residents will be required to stay within 1 kilometer of home, except for grocery shopping, medical care, legal proceedings, and exercise.
    and leads the world in vaccinating too, over 16 doses per 100 people, U.S. is less than 2, but even despite having vaccinating more than others at this point they lockdown. That's a real lockdown, nothing like that here in covidville.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post

In my state legal proceedings have been shut down for most of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL, you and me both). Jeppy is the master in turning everything into something about masks. Too funny!!
    Guess i have lost all humor in this situation and understood jeppy’s (as usual) ridiculous comment.

California lock down:

All individuals living in the State of California are currently ordered to stay home... except for permitted work, local shopping, or other permitted errands. Effective 12/3/20 the Regional Stay Home Order is based on ICU availability. If a region has less than 15% ICU availability, private gatherings of any size are prohibited. 100% masking is required.

ICU availability by Region in California:
    Northern 25.4%
    Greater Sacramento 9.2%
    Bay Area 3.5%
    San Joaquin Valley 0
    Southern 0

KQED reported that hospitals are using triage to allocate their available ICU capacity to patients. Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, for example...
    http://www.pasadenanow.com/main/hunt...tical-patients

How it is: All non essential businesses are still open in California including malls and xmas shopping went on. They didn't enforce any capacity limits though they existed and were shocked, shocked that crowding went on in the malls (a shock only conveniently expressed the weekend after xmas). The "outdoor" (only partially) gym is open and rocking and added an expansion. Airports are open. I don't think everyone who can work from home is (some weren't ever, probably a lot less are working from home than in spring though). People are definitely out and about judging from traffic (no not quite as heavy as the before times, but lots of people out and about). Peoples willingness and ability to sacrifice has been all burned though and wasted by endless months of this thing with no real plan and convenient hypocrisies, bad messaging, no real help. It's why this thing won't ever end, who knows when we'll ever have hospitals again, we just have to live without them I guess . I mean we're what going to go on a month of no ICU capacity without end in sight. Except maybe less cases in Feb since holidays are over, except there is that more contagious strain ... and meanwhile vaccination proceeds at a snails pace it seems. And you can't get a test, it's 8 DAYS of wait to get a covid tests, so all cases figures, may as well just double them, we have no idea about the real number of cases - just is anyone going to be left who hasn't had this thing, by the time we get a vaccine?
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    How it is: All non essential businesses are still open in California including malls and xmas shopping went on. They didn't enforce any capacity limits though they existed and were shocked, shocked that crowding went on in the malls (a shock only conveniently expressed the weekend after xmas). The "outdoor" (only partially) gym is open and rocking and added an expansion. Airports are open. I don't think everyone who can work from home is (some weren't ever, probably a lot less are working from home than in spring though). People are definitely out and about judging from traffic (no not quite as heavy as the before times, but lots of people out and about). Peoples willingness and ability to sacrifice has been all burned though and wasted by endless months of this thing with no real plan and convenient hypocrisies, bad messaging, no real help. It's why this thing won't ever end, who knows when we'll ever have hospitals again, we just have to live without them I guess . I mean we're what going to go on a month of no ICU capacity without end in sight. Except maybe less cases in Feb since holidays are over, except there is that more contagious strain ... and meanwhile vaccination proceeds at a snails pace it seems. And you can't get a test, it's 8 DAYS of wait to get a covid tests, so all cases figures, may as well just double them, we have no idea about the real number of cases - just is anyone going to be left who hasn't had this thing, by the time we get a vaccine?
    It is awful. I think of you whenever I hear about the state of affairs in L.A., and I hope things improve for you and the rest of us soon.

APM, I had no idea so much in CA was still open. Got the opposite impression from the news.

Thread Information