Page 246 of 601 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I agree. At the time outdoor stylist work was allowed. Nancy should have done that. Then the news would have been good.
    'Not a good look' seems rather tame coming from you. I've become accustomed to your rants about asshole Republicans putting others at risk in similar situations because they're asshole Republicans. I'm now confused, wondering if you've become more sympathetic or maybe if Kevin McCarthy did something similar you'd return to vintage jp1 form.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I was rethinking my stance on Speaker Pelosi's mask wearing, or lack thereof, and since I haven't seen the video, I'll clarify. If she was within six feet of others, she should have worn a mask. If she was just walking from her car or on the sidewalk not near other pedestrians, IMO, she doesn't need a mask. Distance matters. She certainly should have worn one in the salon.

Before I read more closely, I thought you were quoting me. "Asshole Republicans" may have crossed my mind, but not my keyboard.

The Chicago mayor got a haircut during the lockdown in the spring. Photos were posted of her and the stylist right next to each other, no masks. Lightfoot said she’s in the public a lot and needed the cut as a result. She got roasted locally for it.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...ring-lockdown/

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I was rethinking my stance on Speaker Pelosi's mask wearing, or lack thereof, and since I haven't seen the video, I'll clarify. If she was within six feet of others, she should have worn a mask. If she was just walking from her car or on the sidewalk not near other pedestrians, IMO, she doesn't need a mask. Distance matters. She certainly should have worn one in the salon.
    The video was from the salon's interior cameras and as I recall she wasn't wearing her mask as she moved from a hair washing station to the stylist chair, well within the recommended 6' buffer zone from the stylist.

Personally I'd agree with you and jp1 that it wasn't a good look but can't resist a friendly chop busting opportunity when it's presented.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I was astonished when I found out the 86 year old senior lady I've been grocery shopping for since April has gone to Costco several times over the past month - all because her 94 year old neighbor (who went with her!) wanted a certain type of toilet paper.

Costco is about the worst place you could go. I'm sure it was probably less crowded during the weekday when they went, but still. I told her if they had wanted bigger packages of TP than could be gotten at the regular grocery store, I would have gladly gone to Target or Walmart for them.

I just want to say God bless you, Tradd, for shopping for them. They sound like my parents--what they do does not make sense sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I just want to say God bless you, Tradd, for shopping for them. They sound like my parents--what they do does not make sense sometimes.
    The 86 year old has been a widow for nearly 20 years. Her daughter and son in law recently moved back to IL and are closer than they were, but still 45 min away. I’m only 20 min away. She’s a good friend and we shared a music stand in choir for 13 years before covid hit. Yeah, definitely doesn’t make sense. She’s been to the doctor and dentist, once to the PO, and to the grocery store pharmacy to get her flu shot. She also voted in person. I at least talked her into going about 10 am as few people would be there, which was the case. She wears masks all the time at least.

I do my shopping when I do hers so aside from 40 minutes of driving, not a big deal. And I happen to like to drive.

We found out 87 year old mom takes the complex bus to Walmart. ARGGGG. Costco is far safer. They have much more room to distance, everyone is checked for a mask, plexiglass at checkout, etc. They have even continued senior hours at our locations.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We found out 87 year old mom takes the complex bus to Walmart. ARGGGG. Costco is far safer. They have much more room to distance, everyone is checked for a mask, plexiglass at checkout, etc. They have even continued senior hours at our locations.
    The bus doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

I am guessing complex bus means riding with people she is living with. Try to talk her into going to Costco instead.

Thread Information