Page 440 of 601 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    If covid ever goes away you’re going to have to come up with a very time consuming hobby to fill the void in your life when you no longer can spend so much time raging about masks.
    There are many things I would like to do, but won't due to mask mandates. Two years in a row my vacation plans have been ruined by overbearing officials. So there will be plenty of leisure catching up for me to do IF life ever gets back to normal.

Unfortunately we are setting ourselves up for lots of medical problems down the road by wearing masks. I was talking with my neighbor the other day and he was saying our bodies need to be exposed to germs to develop immunity. With a mask, you aren't.

I have read that one reason more kids are asthmatic today is that homes are too clean. It's called the hygiene hypothesis. Here is the article from the FDA:

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-b...ene-hypothesis

The article discusses RSV. No surprise that pediatric wards started filling with RSV cases after children were forced to wear masks.

There are so many unintended consequences of masks life may never get back to normal, though I hope it does.

Another term for this is "the cure is worse than the disease".

700,000 Americans and another couple thousand every day would disagree with you about how bad the disease is.* And an awful lot of medical professionals that have long worn masks all day every day at work would disagree with your neighbor. But I'm sure he knows more than scientists do. After all, if there's one good thing about this pandemic, it's that it has given lots of closet virology experts the chance to really shine and share their expertise with the world.

*Admittedly quite a few of these people were older or had other health issues so they don't really count to some people.

Yppej
    700,000 Americans and another couple thousand every day would disagree with you about how bad the disease is.* And an awful lot of medical professionals that have long worn masks all day every day at work would disagree with your neighbor. But I'm sure he knows more than scientists do. After all, if there's one good thing about this pandemic, it's that it has given lots of closet virology experts the chance to really shine and share their expertise with the world.

*Admittedly quite a few of these people were older or had other health issues so they don't really count to some people.
    The world death rate has not increased due to covid but remains stable at 7.7 per 1000 from 2016 to the present:

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=xx&v=26

So the people who died are so old or feeble they would have died anyways. There is no excess mortality.

Also, some deaths are being classed as covid deaths so hospitals get higher reimbursements or, as Iris Lilies has posted about, so families get free funerals.

My neighbor doesn't have any financial stake in exaggerating covid deaths. I've lived next to him over 24 years and trust him a lot more than my Board of Health officials.

The graph you are referencing covers “deaths mid year” and goes to 2020, not the present. So, worldwide, deaths per 1,000 held steady until June of 2020.

interestingly, if you pull up the graph if infant mortality on the same site, you can see that more children survived infancy, so more people who were not infants died.

Yppej
    JP, did the people in this article die of tuberculosis, or something else?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...were-a-horror/

Similarly, when someone on their last legs dies of covid, was it really covid, or was covid the straw that broke the camel's back?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

interestingly, if you pull up the graph if infant mortality on the same site, you can see that more children survived infancy, so more people who were not infants died.
    As you would expect with an aging population:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popu...on%20in%202006.

India's excess death toll during the pandemic was 3 to 4 million, official total 400k, but the excess deaths are over-counting, fake news, blah blah blah. FAKE NEWS!! The press is an enemy of the people!!!

VAST LEFT WING CONSPIRACIES:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...he-official-co

old disposable fogies:
    Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, health secretary Rajesh Bhushan said that 53% of the people who died due to the viral infection are aged above 60. “Also, 35% of the deaths were recorded in the age group of 45-60 years, 10% in the age group of 26-44 years and 1% each in the age group of 18-25 years and below 17 years,” Bhushan said.
    Trees don't grow on money

700,000 Americans and another couple thousand every day would disagree with you about how bad the disease is.
    It is easy for some folks to be callus about death - of the old or young - when the deaths don't touch you (generic you - no one in particular) personally. Until it hits close to home and is a directly related parent, sibling, or child, it's easy to minimize all the deaths. Multiply the number of deaths - either just in the U.S. or world-wide - by those directly related/affected by each of those individual deaths, and the numbers are astounding as to how bad the disease is on a personal level.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I read somewhere that the seasonal flu kills between 20 and 60 thousand people in any given year, in contrast.

Let me rephrase that.

One would expect a certain number of older people to die each year. In an aging population, that would lead to x number of deaths per 1,000.

had infant mortality stayed the same the population would have been aging faster, so x would be higher each year for the same number of actual deaths. Let’s call that x+y (y representing the shift due to the higher percentage of old people)

by improving infant mortality, we increase the size of the younger population without increasing the raw number of older people , so we get x +(y-z) z representing the adjustment due to the counter shift in percentage of older people caused by a higher number of surviving infants.

on the chart, x = x+(y-z) however, if you look at the infant mortality chart, without some cause increasing the actual number of people at each age after infancy who die. X should be greater than x+ (y-z)

net mortality rates should have been going down even with an aging population, because the population is aging due to fewer births. The raw number of deaths is being cut significantly due to improved levels of infant mortality.

Thread Information