Page 312 of 601 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

bae, so sorry. catherine, hope your brother is on the mend! our son was dignosed several weeks ago, as was the household he is in. He tells me he is [mostly] better. He can smell and taste some, and only has to stop once on a flight of steps. I have not seen him but he assures me all is well. I am not convinced.

Bae, that’s so sad. I hope she does okay with the virus.

bae, sorry to hear about your niece. Sending Healing Vibes her way.

000_0222 (2).jpg

I hope your niece is OK, Bae and I'm glad your son is doing better, Early.
    Last edited by rosarugosa; 2-15-21 at 8:44am. Reason: fixed typo

So sorry to hear this news from you all. Thoughts and prayers ....

Health care workers, especially in a COVID ward, are really on the front lines. I hope she recovers fully.

Yppej
    I saw on the news that covid rates are the same in California, with its lockdowns and mask mandates, and Florida, which is without those restrictions. Hmmmm.

1) Is the overcrowding situation similar in Florida to California? As it is widely believed that's is what drove most of it, the situation of 20 people living in a house.
    2) cases are tricky because confirmed cases depends on availability of testing. CA has lower deaths per capita but that may be demographics.
    3) Although I also simply do not trust Florida's numbers, probably classifying Covid as pneumonia or other respiratory illness. This is on the county basis and for deaths:

"Tens of thousands of Covid-19 deaths are going unreported in the U.S., with far more missed in counties that strongly supported former President Trump, according to new research.

The figures suggest that political leanings have helped suppress the true scale of deaths. In cases where the deceased didn’t have a Covid-19 test, a coroner or medical examiner has the freedom to interpret symptoms.

“There’s potentially latitude to make a judgement call conditional on a set of beliefs about Covid and whether it represents a serious problem or a hoax,” said Andrew Stokes, a professor of global health at Boston University School of Public Health who performed the analysis for STAT."

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/25/...nalysis-shows/

Hmmmm.
    Trees don't grow on money

CDC is reporting on the incidence of variants of the COVID-19 virus in the USA.

I have been interested in the spread of the B.1.1.7 variant... which resulted in a lockdown in the UK.

It would appear the B.1.1.7 variant has been identified in several states, especially Florida.

http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-...ant-cases.html

Yppej
    Interesting dado, because Florida is not faring worse than California. It almost makes me wonder if exposure to the virus builds immunity, and the lockdowns and other restrictions in California have made things worse. Certainly gradual exposure therapy has proved successful in treating allergens - why not viruses as well?

As the hygiene hypothesis indicates, leading too sheltered a life prevents us from developing robust immune systems.

Thread Information