Page 585 of 601 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    As of 1/27/2023 the global count of reported COVID cases is 669,949,863 and the number of deaths is 6,821,462.

Seven countries with cases numbering more than 30 million, ranked by number of COVID deaths:

1. USA cases 102,260,961 deaths 1,107,559
    2. Brazil cases 36,768,677 deaths 696,603
    3. India cases 44,683,661 deaths 530,739
    4. Germany cases 37,728,155 deaths 165,314
    5. France cases 39,708,282 deaths 165,077
    6. Japan cases 32,386,992 deaths 67,058
    7. S. Korea cases 30,107,363 deaths 33,332

Source: Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering
    If there are any others like my family, then there were way more cases. When we each tested positive via home tests a couple weeks ago, the only place we "reported" it was work. (After hearing so many people say that their doctors all said "Isolate for at least a week, take OTC meds, and if symptoms get worse - go to the ER", the judgement call was to save the cost of a doctor visit. Worked out okay for us, but I understand others may do differently.)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    If there are any others like my family, then there were way more cases. When we each tested positive via home tests a couple weeks ago, the only place we "reported" it was work. (After hearing so many people say that their doctors all said "Isolate for at least a week, take OTC meds, and if symptoms get worse - go to the ER", the judgement call was to save the cost of a doctor visit. Worked out okay for us, but I understand others may do differently.)
    A good point, happystuff. My son and his family just had it and only told the school to work out when the girls could safely return. They were all 4 positive with it.

Hmmm, I think jeppy could make a point about all of this COVID illness not coming under the eyes of the Official Counters of COVID Death and Destruction because…

…well, I would agree with jeppy on the point, the elephant in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Hoping everyone has a mild case, as is the rule these days.
    I think you are practically a Covid denier with this calm sounding thought. Mild case? The rule is a mild case? Why are you not terrified by Covid Death and Destruction??!!!!Are you NOT PROPERLY SYMPATHETIC TO THE 207,000 deaths in this country by Covid? Especially showing equanimity on a social media site, that is just…beyond the pale.

Cold and callous of you I would say, girlfriend.

Please for the love of god, gen up your outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think you are practically a Covid denier with this calm sounding thought. Mild case? The rule is a mild case? Why are you not terrified by Covid Death and Destruction??!!!!Are you NOT PROPERLY SYMPATHETIC TO THE 207,000 deaths in this country by Covid? Especially showing equanimity on a social media site, that is just…beyond the pale.

Cold and callous of you I would say, girlfriend.

Please for the love of god, gen up your outrage.

More and more professionals are questioning the particulars around COVID, from accurate reporting of vaccine side effects to medical mandates, to not investigating the excess death phenomenon (does it even exist?). Dr. Drew, of all people, reports that he now vaccinates only the elderly and other people at obvious risk. As usual, we're not getting a clear picture, and various social media outlets squelching discourse is unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I read something recently that said that by now, 95% of everyone in the country has had COVID at least once, either knowingly or unknowingly. I believe that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej

More and more professionals are questioning the particulars around COVID, from accurate reporting of vaccine side effects to medical mandates, to not investigating the excess death phenomenon (does it even exist?). Dr. Drew, of all people, reports that he now vaccinates only the elderly and other people at obvious risk. As usual, we're not getting a clear picture, and various social media outlets squelching discourse is unhelpful.
    There are excess deaths, many attributable to lockdown policies. Starvation, addiction, mental health issues, delayed or cancelled screenings for cancer, vaccine related deaths.

Sweden which did not lock down had a lower excess death rate than the US and much of the world according to the OECD:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...0421520cbfbf53

Early in the pandemic it was my understanding that many of the precautions were not necessarily to reduce the death rate, but to buy time for a vaccine or other preventive measures to be developed so that the health system would not be overloaded with a surge of illness and death. I recall photos of refrigerated semis behind my local hospital to store the dead. How easy we forget.

I think the philosophy behind vaccines has changed or is changing. At one point there was an expectation that being vaccinated would prevent illnesses. Then came the break through infections and the realization that the absolute protection against illness was short lived without routine boosters. But the vaccines did provide a long term protection against severe illness, hospitalizations, or death. I think that is now the intention of the proposed new FDA guidelines. Less frequent shots for long term protection against severe illness. Plus maybe boosters for high risk populations. Along with a natural immunity from natural infections it seems to be keeping things in check, but it's a mistake to assume people are not dying from covid no matter how you look at it.

If we could just turn back the clock with what we know now, things may have been better or worse, but they probably would have been less restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Early in the pandemic it was my understanding that many of the precautions were not necessarily to reduce the death rate, but to buy time for a vaccine or other preventive measures to be developed so that the health system would not be overloaded with a surge of illness and death. I recall photos of refrigerated semis behind my local hospital to store the dead. How easy we forget.

I think the philosophy behind vaccines has changed or is changing. At one point there was an expectation that being vaccinated would prevent illnesses. Then came the break through infections and the realization that the absolute protection against illness was short lived without routine boosters. But the vaccines did provide a long term protection against severe illness, hospitalizations, or death. I think that is now the intention of the proposed new FDA guidelines. Plus maybe boosters for high risk populations. Along with a natural immunity from natural infections it seems to be keeping things in check, but it's a mistake to assume people are not dying from covid no matter how you look at it.

If we could just turn back the clock with what we know new things may have been better or worse, but they probably would have been less restrictive.
    Yeah--the early (over?) reaction seemed perfectly reasonable at the time, as did the rush to isolate/vaccinate vulnerable groups. Now we should be able to start answering hard questions.

Yppej
    One reason there were refrigerated semis is funeral homes weren't allowed to operate their normal hours due to lockdowns in places like NYC. That caused a bottleneck. Remember all the surge hospitals and hospital ships that weren't used or barely used?

If it bleeds it leads and the media latched on to covid paranoia. You would have thought the Black Death had returned.

Thread Information