Page 133 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1641

Thread: Conavirus......

  1. #1321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,348
    Office space!!!

  2. #1322
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,348
    Phoenix is mandating masks as of today

  3. #1323
    Senior Member SteveinMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Office space!!!
    Love/hate that movie. Lived it too many times in real life.

    If I could nominate a co-worker for each of the characters in that movie, that would be greeeaaaat...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

  4. #1324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,222
    Wearing masks is so oppressive in the summer heat that due to demand by their customers this underwear company has started making masks in a more breathable fabric:

    https://us.fashionnetwork.com/news/J...c,1218608.html

    I know despite my washing them the masks I have smell badly. I had a foul odor in my desk and traced it to the masks. Breathing in all that confined air is disgusting and unhygienic.

  5. #1325
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,535
    I guess that’s why we had the great ‘operating room revolt of 1992’ when all the surgeons and OR nurses across the country decided to not wear masks at work for a month.

    ‘Masks are uncomfortable, dr Smith, the organizer of the protest said. ‘And frankly, we don’t care if our germs infect our patients. They should have stayed home if they are scared. At worst someone working in the OR may have the flu.’

  6. #1326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I guess that’s why we had the great ‘operating room revolt of 1992’ when all the surgeons and OR nurses across the country decided to not wear masks at work for a month.

    ‘Masks are uncomfortable, dr Smith, the organizer of the protest said. ‘And frankly, we don’t care if our germs infect our patients. They should have stayed home if they are scared. At worst someone working in the OR may have the flu.’
    39 years of mask wearing in the OR. WHY did I succumb to someones rules that take away my freedom?

    OMG I cannot believe this is still a question in anyone's mind

  7. #1327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    OMG I cannot believe this is still a question in anyone's mind
    I keep coming back to - because they are selfish, uncaring, and have very little or no compassionate for others.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

  8. #1328
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    9,510
    Just when I think someone can’t get any more ridiculous they do)

  9. #1329
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,942
    I love the contradictions:

    "Masks are ineffective; they don't stop viruses." and
    "Masks trap carbon dioxide and bad smells inside."

    Whatever. A growing body of data seems to prove their effectiveness in stopping/slowing viral spread. Good enough for me.

  10. #1330
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I love the contradictions:

    "Masks are ineffective; they don't stop viruses." and
    "Masks trap carbon dioxide and bad smells inside."

    Whatever. A growing body of data seems to prove their effectiveness in stopping/slowing viral spread. Good enough for me.
    Covid particles are extremely small. Other stinky particles are larger. If you knew for sure that a person had covid would you spend long periods of time around them wearing any random cloth mask? I think not. Medical personnel don't. The reason is that only N95 masks specially fit to your face stop covid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. frugal-one

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •