Page 11 of 601 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Rush’s 2 racist brain cells quit connecting decades ago). Cities in Italy and Hungary are quarantining tourists upon arrival for 2 weeks. I know someone going for a year trip and they are going to be affected by this. China’s death rate is 10x’s what they reported and I doubt Vietnam is telling the truth.

There is a wealth of disinformation spreading around. So far I've found the Aljazeera news and updates to stick to the facts without any hype. The most concerning areas in my view are the middle eastern countries as possible viral hotbeds.

Donald is holding press conference this evening. That should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    China’s death rate is 10x’s what they reported ...
    Do you have a source for this? Your number is at odds with the daily updates my infectious disease control team gets from the CDC, so I'd love to be prepared with more science!

(Your number, by the way, would imply that pretty much anyone over the age of 80 who gets it would be 148% likely to die, using the Chinese CDC numbers... http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/article...b-fea8db1a8f51)

I wonder how much longer it will be before the image of disease-bearing dirty foreigners is used to justify An Even More Perfect Wall?

Bae, a Chinese reporter who has since disappeared reported that China has 50 crematoriums working 24/7. The amount of sulfur dioxide in the air supports this is true. I am sure you can google it as I didn’t keep the link. They looked at the air quality previously and recently using the information from the air monitors that are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Bae, a Chinese reporter who has since disappeared reported that China has 50 crematoriums working 24/7. The amount of sulfur dioxide in the air supports this is true. I am sure you can google it as I didn’t keep the link. They looked at the air quality previously and recently using the information from the air monitors that are used.
    Probably he's joined the original whistle-blower.

Well, that certainly sounds more credible than my CDC briefings...

Those 50 crematoriums must be massive because 50 doesn't seem like a lot (for their population) and they generally do run 24/7.

Our County folks just published a fairly sane article on What You Can Do.

https://orcasissues.com/a-common-sen...lth-officials/

I do know here we are spending a lot of time preparing for the worst-case outsome, not because we expect that to happen, but because we want to be ready if it does. It's easier to prepare ahead of time than it is to react once things are running off the rails.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Our County folks just published a fairly sane article on What You Can Do.

https://orcasissues.com/a-common-sen...lth-officials/

I do know here we are spending a lot of time preparing for the worst-case outsome, not because we expect that to happen, but because we want to be ready if it does. It's easier to prepare ahead of time than it is to react once things are running off the rails.
    excellent list of things to get. The masks at month six might
    be hard to find. Our local stores have zero on the shelves. Food wise, sensible and will keep you from starving or going out if you get hit really hard in your area.

Thread Information