Page 446 of 466 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4659

Thread: Conavirus......

Medical staff is getting burned out and I can’t even imagine watching huge numbers of people die. Probably a significant amount are experiencing ptsd from the situation.

My husband had a job in 1977 that was 24/7 for 6 months with no end in sight. We ended up moving 3700 miles away to get away from it. It is not sustainable no matter the money and he was making hourly more than the mayor.

This model for healthcare is not sustainable. Employees are burning out mentally and physically.

A friend who is a highly qualified RN changed from working in a large nursing home to taking care of patients one on one at their homes, mostly children.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Nurses and doctors are being threatened and bullied as well by anti-Vax anti mask bullies and those who demand non proven drugs. The most unfortunate victims are the children who have become ill or lost parents. But increasingly lack of respect for already born children in the name of personal freedom to ignore science, cut off access for womanís healthcare, cut so called entitlements and allow unregulated firearms have become a pattern. This is just another form of child neglect and abuse.

But since I cannot change the downward trajectory of respect for life, Iím focusing on doing all I can to help kids in foster care and poor women. It is too overwhelming otherwise.

Flowerseverywhere: Each of us has to find something to do to help our "spot" in this world and those around us. Thank you for helping.

Thank you Sweetana.

Evidence based on real data: Masks have helped keep some children Covid free. I'm ignoring negative comments about masks. As a nurse you protect people as much as you can through simple measures like hand washing and sterile dressings and masks for instance. Contrary to some information being spread as the truth, surgeons and other health professionals don't have brain damage or rotting teeth due to mask wearing.

https://www.wesh.com/article/commiss...rence/37893802

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    But since I cannot change the downward trajectory of respect for life, I’m focusing on doing all I can to help kids in foster care and poor women. It is too overwhelming otherwise.
    Thanks so much for your posts, flowerseverywhere. I appreciate the reminder that it's a good thing to help where and when possible - even in small ways - instead of hinder.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thanks Happy Stuff. Almost half of Florida’s abuse and neglect claims are in age 0-4. Twenty thousand kids in foster care. Now we have kids who have lost parents to Covid. I just cannot imagine how awful it is going to be when Abortion is not available. Our rape statistics are about 8500 per year and DeSantis is eager to have a law similar to Texas with no allowance for incest or rape. Texas has over 13,000 rapes/year. And those are only the women who dare to come forward. It is a very risky thing to do unless you have a lot of support. That number of sex acts will result in unwanted pregnancies. Lots of someone’s have to help these unwanted and neglected kids.

it’s the only way I can keep my sanity now that the same arguments about masking, vaccines and women’s health care go on and on. Children are suffering and many go improperly cared for. Whatever god is out there cannot have planned this state of affairs.

No worries--Governor Abbott is going to do away with rape; you can rest easy.

As far as Covid goes, I found out today that I'm eligible for a booster (in addition to DH and Mom), so will be working on getting those done.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Multiply flu's average annual deaths by the number of years it has been around to compare the toll of each.
    I suppose you could say the same thing about cancer and heart disease. And it would be equally pointless.

Thread Information