Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313
Results 3,121 to 3,125 of 3125

Thread: Conavirus......

People are breaking under the strain. A coworker went out to eat for the first time in over a year this past weekend. I have backslid into drinking coffee and eating too much again. The pandemic is becoming hopeless. We are now told by Fauci even a year after everyone who wants a vaccine gets one we are still supposed to wear masks. I personally don't see why everyone should suffer because some people don't feel like getting vaccines. Once everyone has access life should return to normal and everything be at your own risk. Enough of the depressing doom and gloom. We need hope and normalcy not scare tactics.

ETA I suppose it is different for people who have not been under strain because they have continued to travel, go out to eat, in the case of Dr Birx and Joe Biden go to family gatherings of multiple households etc. For them it has probably not been much of a strain. Ditto Ted Cruz flying internationally and blaming his kids. To the question Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? apparently his answer is no.

Доверяй, но проверяй

The strain is hard, but frankly it's the strain of the pandemic itself, projected on to whatever I guess.

I mean sure I'd LIKE to live in a country that crushed the pandemic like New Zealand ... but freedumb!!! Failing that I'd like to live somewhere vaccinating like Israel, but the U.S. performs average on the latter metric. I don't care what politicians lose their job over a pandemic handled badly because they have not done a good job at almost any level of government here. Heads should roll, the messaging was bad and hospitals were allowed to become overwhelmed. But the strain is a pandemic itself.

If someone wants to socialize inside with a bunch of people without masks, nothing is enforced, noone is really stopping that, except that there is a deadly virus that is stopping it, for those who don't want to get covid if they haven't yet. Duh.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Yeppej,

I think that once everyone has access to effective vaccines life will return to normal.

my grandson is 7 months old. When do you think he will have access to vaccines?

hint - if we are lucky we can start vaccinating high school students in September. I think the clinical trial after them goes down to age 6.

also, when do you think everyone will have access to EFFECTIVE vaccines?

hint - many countries have not been able to start vaccinating yet. We keep offering the virus many opportunities to mutate by not controlling the spread with social and physical barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    People are breaking under the strain. A coworker went out to eat for the first time in over a year this past weekend. I have backslid into drinking coffee and eating too much again. The pandemic is becoming hopeless. We are now told by Fauci even a year after everyone who wants a vaccine gets one we are still supposed to wear masks. I personally don't see why everyone should suffer because some people don't feel like getting vaccines. Once everyone has access life should return to normal and everything be at your own risk. Enough of the depressing doom and gloom. We need hope and normalcy not scare tactics.

ETA I suppose it is different for people who have not been under strain because they have continued to travel, go out to eat, in the case of Dr Birx and Joe Biden go to family gatherings of multiple households etc. For them it has probably not been much of a strain. Ditto Ted Cruz flying internationally and blaming his kids. To the question Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? apparently his answer is no.
    I'm sorry that you seem to be breaking under the strain and seem to feel so hopeless. Mask wearing is a reality and just like dealing with the other issues in your life (family, work, etc), you need to learn to deal with this. It has been suggested before and I will gently suggest it again... reach out - even electronically - for someone to talk to. There are many free organizations that are out there trying to help people deal with all of this. The pandemic isn't going anywhere and if you are looking for change, look to yourself.

Still wishing you the best.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information