Page 117 of 601 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

In latin America the latest seems a be a lot of 20-40 year olds are dying.

Yea too much is unknown, it's not actually known, pushing a study here or there out of all context to prove this or that (or if you are a website for the clicks because I saw that clickbait article too, and it is what info it is. But in my opinion doesn't jibe with much else that we also seem to have data on, like antibody tests not showing much infection compared to death numbers in many countries.), is again just the fundamentally intellectually dishonest arguments all the time.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    More unintended consequences - there is an uptick in murders on Boston. People feel with the courts closed nothing will happen to them, and some prisoners are being released early to try to avoid outbreaks in correctional facilities. I wonder too if people don't have other things to do so they get into fights.

Washington just announced that 50% of new cases are in people under 40.

Jane, I guess that will dispel it’s a old person’s disease myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Jane, I guess that will dispel it’s a old person’s disease myth.
    The really old are just more likely to die. I'm still mystified by the dichotomy of outcomes of infection.

Waupon Correctional Facility has been testing their 1,181 inmates and 319 staff. The results summarized for about half the tests have been reported in the news. 217 positive, (close to 30% positive)... mostly asymptomatic.

I have a hunch that other correctional facilities must be testing, but I don't recall seeing results, except for Waupon.

Yppej
    I keep hearing more stories of the negative effects of shutdowns from increases in child abuse to greater self-reported substance abuse among college students. I continue to think isolating high risk groups makes more sense than making everyone stay home. It's not just an economic gut punch.

Yppej
    I have been thinking that it is unnatural for people to stay in a state of hypervigilance, am I touching my face? Is that person 5 not 6 feet from me? Is my cough a dry cough or a wet cough? People need the opportunity to relax and enjoy life. The flight part of fight or flight - flight from others, social situations, or even one's own face - is a stress response and is not sustainable.

The thing I am confused about is we read that cases are increasing here or there. Does that mean people are actually getting sick or does it mean they just did more tests on asymptomatic people? I went to a local nursery yesterday with mostly older customers milling about. No one was wearing a mask. I felt silly wearing one...

Generally!! it means that people are getting some kind of symptoms that prompts them to get tested or they go into hospital where it is required.

Thread Information