Page 213 of 601 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Heard on the BBC this morning that the UK govt is now reversing their earlier policy for people to return to workplaces. Anyone who can work from home should resume working at home.
    Yeah, numbers there are trending in the wrong direction. My company just reopened the London office at 25% capacity two weeks ago. Today an email went out that it’s work from home again until further notice.

Honestly it’s probably just as well. The whole point of working in the office in London is to go to The Lloyd’s insurance trading floor every morning and work deals. That requires lots of non-distanced indoor communication in a big crowded room and also that the person you want to work a deal with also actually be there and not working from home that particular day.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL, your husband is much worse than mine. I would be hauling all that food to the homeless shelters. 4 years ago he canned a bunch of fruit and rarely eats it. It has been slowly by jumping into the garbage by itself)
    I’m starting a new thread over in the food section.

You would think I have exhausted this topic, but I haven’t, my life gets more complicated and I get more vegetables as I get older. This is just wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This is only part of the produce dumped on my kitchen counter today. Just part. Missing are 12+ acorn squashes and at least 6 bags of apples (he wont tell me how many apples he picked from the family farm.)

how long would it take for you to dry all of this? We have a dehydrator, but haven’t used it in years. I think it’s dumb. It seems to run endlessly to dehydrate three little onions. I don’t see the point of that and I don’t like dehydrated onions anyway.

Attachment 3444
    LOL - doesn't matter how long it would take me as I really don't think you care and, as you have said, you think it's dumb and won't do it anyway. Nice veggies, though! Looks like your dh had a very successful garden!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Never mind the energy use, especially if you are using 100 year old freezers, now maybe I'm wrong and ancient freezers are in fact very efficient, but I really doubt it, refrigeration technology has improved a lot I suspect.
    Well, what's changed is that compressors have been downsized and made more efficient through electronic control. New freezers use less electricity. However, they also won't last decades like the freezers of old. My suspicion is that buying two freezers that last five years each probably burns more carbon in total than buying an old guzzler freezer that hasn't had to be replaced in 20 years. But that's me.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

NPR had a feature saying there is a shortage of new refrigerators, mostly due to Covid caused problems in the supply chain and also higher demand. That would be some bad karma to have the frig go out and then not be able to find a replacement. https://www.npr.org/2020/09/22/91524...ut-in-the-cold

Yppej
    I heard on the local news an elementary school boy was sent home because he sneezed in class. He is being forced to take a covid test before he returns to school.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/09/...fter-sneezing/

Allergies? Dust? Tickle in your throat? No, it must be covid!!!!

Meanwhile I heard on the radio in Europe students are not sent home to quarantine unless at least 3 children in the class are covid positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I heard on the local news an elementary school boy was sent home because he sneezed in class. He is being forced to take a covid test before he returns to school.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/09/...fter-sneezing/

Allergies? Dust? Tickle in your throat? No, it must be covid!!!!

Meanwhile I heard on the radio in Europe students are not sent home to quarantine unless at least 3 children in the class are covid positive.
    If we had a comprehensive testing program, we could deal with this pretty easily. There are tests that provide results in a half hour, I believe.
    COVID is now the second leading cause of death in this country.

Colorado University has reported 1200 new positive cases among students, a new record outbreak for the state. Contact tracing seems to point at large parties. Classes are now all remote learning for the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Colorado University has reported 1200 new positive cases among students, a new record outbreak for the state. Contact tracing seems to point at large parties. Classes are now all remote learning for the next two weeks.
    Following the same pattern all over the country. The idiots just have to party.

Strong biological drives at that age.

Thread Information