Page 180 of 601 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I understand pulling back from the covid news cycle. It’s overwhelming on a good day.

I’m on day 10-11 depending on how I interpret early symptoms. I continue with extreme fatigue. Less pain today. Occasional dry cough and I’m watching my breathing closely. So far ok. It’s scary.

Husband is recovering faster than I am.
    Prayers for a quick recovery, Tammy. I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this. Hang in there - this blasted virus really is doing a number on Arizona. So much for sunlight and Summer making the virus go away - especially with the nonsoon we are having and the more intense than usual heat we are having this Summer. Feel better!!! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    There are liquor stores in Utah? huh.

Interesting insights, tho.
    Yep.....they are run by the State. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Tammy, hope you get to the point soon where symptoms go away and STAY away!
    I strongly second this! Rob

Not only did bf and his coworkers test negative, but even the coworker of his LIVING WITH a coronavirus positive tested negative and has been staying home for awhile. So that workplace is spared the coronavirus for now it seems, despite it being close at hand, and I'm no longer quarantining from my bf. They do 6 feet distancing and masks and stuff anyway but we have significant community spread so practices alone can only reduce risk so much, with so much coronavirus out there and it being able to travel in the air.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Not only did bf and his coworkers test negative, but even the coworker of his LIVING WITH a coronavirus positive tested negative and has been staying home for awhile. So that workplace is spared the coronavirus for now it seems, despite it being close at hand, and I'm no longer quarantining from my bf. They do 6 feet distancing and masks and stuff anyway but we have significant community spread so practices alone can only reduce risk so much, with so much coronavirus out there and it being able to travel in the air.
    That's good news, proving to me that masks and distancing work.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Almost 5 weeks now with a mask mandate in California and the situation there continues to deteriorate, making headlines again today. "The worst it has been since the pandemic began" per the LA Times article below. Epic failed policy to rely on masks.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...s-cases-deaths
    California hit another record today. Obviously masks aren't helping, and maybe they are even hurting. The people who struggle to breathe the most when wearing masks are also the people at highest risk of covid due to underlying respiratory conditions. Exacerbating their breathing difficulties by making them wear masks in hot weather is cruel and unusual punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    California hit another record today. Obviously masks aren't helping, and maybe they are even hurting. The people who struggle to breathe the most when wearing masks are also the people at highest risk of covid due to underlying respiratory conditions. Exacerbating their breathing difficulties by making them wear masks in hot weather is cruel and unusual punishment.
    Actually it's the re-opening that's not working. San Francisco never re-opened indoor dining and our daily case count remains stable, with 52, 42 and 31 for the last 3 days. Orange County, on the other hand, reopened them mid-June and had 646 cases today. They have 4x the population but 10x the new daily cases.

If people have respiratory issues unfortunately they just need to stay home because too many selfish people like Louie Gohmert refuse to take precautions like wearing masks to keep others safe.

I've seen video of a doctor wearing six masks simultaneously and demonstrating that his oxygen saturation remained stable at 99 percent. I saw an article about another doctor who ran an entire race wearing one. I have a hard time believing anyone's breathing is impaired by one. People with sensory or anxiety issues are a different matter.

Yppej
    I do not have any respiratory issues but I can get faint and dizzy wearing a mask when it is hot and humid.

Actually it's the re-opening that's not working.
    +10,000

The errors in reasoning going on are basic, but:

1) Compliance. You can mandate masks all you want and it's great if this improves mask wearing in public places, that is reason enough to favor a mandate period. But if people have house parties without masks noone is enforcing it, if employers are letting people not wear masks especially in indoor jobs that's illegal and a problem (probably more low wage jobs where this happens), if people are living in extremely crowded conditions and not wearing masks at home it can be a problem too.
    2) Even with perfect compliance, people wear masks at house parties, masks are not 100% effective. That masks are not 100% effective is being used to argue that masks are 0% effective is a real reasoning error. Black and white, all or nothing thinking.

In order to prove that masks aren't helping you would need some alternate California where noone was wearing masks and there were no laws to wear masks and show "no difference in cases". This doesn't exist. The states that are doing well in comparison to California pretty much all require masks and have weeks before California did. But it wasn't the only policy. I think there is some straw manning going on that many people advocate masks as the ONLY policy. Hint: if politicians do this follow the money, and if Trump admin does it just ignore it, but public health advocates mostly don't, politicians being rather corruptible, well that's not news.

San Francisco never re-opened indoor dining and our daily case count remains stable, with 52, 42 and 31 for the last 3 days. Orange County, on the other hand, reopened them mid-June and had 646 cases today. They have 4x the population but 10x the new daily cases.
    L.A. county is reporting near 5k cases today (that includes backlog so average is more like 2-3k). Restaurants were opened end of May. They are planning on 15% of people to have got it by December. The number of people who got it in NYC in the peak was only 20% or so based on what we hear about antibodies. Yes if it's spread out in time it won't overwhelm hospitals. But they WANT to infect 15%, that is literally THE PLAN.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information