Page 151 of 601 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

It is depressing, I basically live like I did in lockdown. I don't go anywhere but groceries, I see a few limited number of people at a real distance (over 6 feet) outside with masks and noone but my boyfriend inside without a mask and of course that's not risk free either but (the masks are the least of it, they are no bother, the world seems full of "princesses" who do nothing but complain about peas under 10 mattresses as far as that goes). Granted in lockdown I turned down even some of those very limited safer activities.

But no group activities, no events, no just hanging out somewhere but in my 1 bedroom apartment, no gym etc. - lots of taking walks. And I'm tired of it, but ...the thing is cases are actually surging here by seeming leaps and bounds (as many maybe most places in the U.S.) so ... :\
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm probably stirring the pot here, but I thought this was hilarious:
    Attachment 3303
    Ha ha yes! Think about it! If this doesn’t prove that Trump operatives own the means of manufacturing for masks, I don’t know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    It is depressing, I basically live like I did in lockdown. I don't go anywhere but groceries, I see a few limited number of people at a real distance (over 6 feet) outside with masks and noone but my boyfriend inside without a mask and of course that's not risk free either but (the masks are the least of it, they are no bother, the world seems full of "princesses" who do nothing but complain about peas under 10 mattresses as far as that goes). Granted in lockdown I turned down even some of those very limited safer activities.

But no group activities, no events, no just hanging out somewhere but in my 1 bedroom apartment, no gym etc. - lots of taking walks. And I'm tired of it, but ...the thing is cases are actually surging here by seeming leaps and bounds (as many maybe most places in the U.S.) so ... :\
    Same here. My problem is I love to plan things.. to have something to look forward to. Now... nothing.

Same here. Even though things are opening up, its not the same experience at all. Fridays, we used to buy a pitcher of beer at one of our local breweries and chat with the bartender and regulars. While you can have beer outdoors, its with a mask and social distancing and not at all the experience I enjoy. If I'm just going to be drinking with just my spouse, I might as well buy a 6 pack and do that at home (which we do).

I have nothing in the future to really look forward to, and that is depressing. My nephew is driving up for his semi annual visit this week, and while I will be happy to see him, we can't really go anywhere or do anything other than talk.

I too am a planner. I had four separate vacations all planned this year and all cancelled. Postponed two of the US trips to next year to help out the organizations but will not be traveling by air for the others. Trained when I was working that everything had to be planned in detail ahead due to leave requirements.

I am grateful that our exercise classes at the YMCA have started again so I can sweat out the depression. My favorite instructor starts July 7 and since he is 67 we are all in the same boat. I am taking the risk of a group class for my physical and mental health.

We stay away from strangers and events. Wear our masks everywhere. Hubby will be working in small discrete groups, wearing masks and trying to socially distance on his Habitat or wheelchair ramp builds. My hobbies are all at home with no need to be out and about. Grocery shopping is 90% of our reason to leave home right now.

Got to the gym for the second time today since reopening on Friday. I was diving over the weekend. Feel so much better. I just do the recumbent bike.

Tradd, we got to the gym for the second time in 3 days. Feel so much better. I think it was what I missed most since I went 6 times a week before lock down and loved it. Even had my favorite instructor.

I am a planner to and miss having parties. We have been seeing our friends on a individual basis. We really miss traveling.

Yppej
    In states like mine where masks are mandated, why are there still senior hours at stores? If the masks are so great senior hours, which predated the mask mandate, should no longer be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    In states like mine where masks are mandated, why are there still senior hours at stores? If the masks are so great senior hours, which predated the mask mandate, should no longer be necessary.

Thread Information