Page 200 of 601 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I guess I see it differently. The children in school are already getting "mask breaks" so they are not wearing the masks for the entire class period. The risk he presented with his action was no more than the risk they all present each other several times a day.

Suspending a first grader on the first day of school seems antithetical to the idea of education. Here is your opportunity to teach how to get along with others and to look out for others and to live in a civilized society.

I find this situation ironic, as did the teacher. If nothing else, the child is thinking critically, which is another goal of public education. If you believe Covid is a conspiracy, then why wear a mask? That is impressive logic for a six year old. Well ahead of his age, developmentally speaking.

If you are a teacher, you are there to teach. So get teaching.

Oh well. Praying they all stay safe. He is not in my granddaughter's pod as he is in a different district. Half her class is being kept home by their parents and homeschooled. Of the 30 registered, only 14 are actually going to school at the school, and they are in two pods of 7, and only go to school two days a week.

My husband said he would have kept the kids home if we were in that situation. Why risk it? I would have done the same thing. But I totally understand what my son was trying to do by sending her.
    Come on... a first grader is being taught this at home.

Of course he is. He has a belief system from what he has learned at home. He is then given an instuction and he compares the instruction to his belief system, and he rejects the instruction as illogical, inconsistent with the belief system. That is very unusual for a six-year-old, developmentally speaking.

Most six-year olds will do what they are told. That's all I was trying to say, that along with the idea that here is a perfect opportunity to actually teach this child something about getting along with others and being a part of a civilized society.

Oh brother. hogwash..... goobledygook!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Oh brother. hogwash..... goobledygook!
    Your prowess in debate techniques never cease to astound me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Your prowess in debate techniques never cease to astound me.
    Happy to oblige.

Now the orange moron had 2 rallies in Nevada. Reno and Vegas said no so he went to the small town of Minden. 5k/crowd with people close together and no masks. Then a indoor rally in Henderson because his friend owns it. Ugh! Our state has a rule no more than 50 people. Local law enforcement refused to get involved. If there’s any justice he will get it.

I'm trying--and failing--to imagine Eisenhower or Bush Sr. or LBJ holding mass adoration rallies. Or publicly referring to other nations as "shit-hole countries." Or any one of a number of astonishing aberrations Trump's engaged in--and I can't even come close. He's one of a kind, and not in a good way--certainly proving, over and over, that money can't buy class.

Yes, trump is above the law. He openly is defying state regulations and his own administration's pandemic health guidelines. According to the paper, those in the stands directly behind trump, whose images would end up on tv, were mandated to wear face coverings. I think he should be arrested or fined! I guess he wants his base to catch the virus??? ..... a true moron!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Yes, trump is above the law. He openly is defying state regulations and his own administration's pandemic health guidelines. According to the paper, those in the stands directly behind trump, whose images would end up on tv, were mandated to wear face coverings. I think he should be arrested or fined! I guess he wants his base to catch the virus??? ..... a true moron!
    Hand in hand with Bill Barr--his own personal AG, willing to bend or break any convention or law in service to his master.

He’s not ignoring his government’s pandemic recommendations. He’s putting non scientific political hacks in charge or the government organizations that make those recommendations to make sure that good recommendations don’t get made. . Sounds very unamerican but I’m sure his sad ‘team red forever’ non-supporters will stand behind him 110% and claim that it’s no big deal because that’s just the sad way they are. And then those same ‘non-supporters’ will wonder why the rest of us think they are shitty humans who hate America.

Thread Information