Page 284 of 601 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You definitely are a trump republican.
    The topic wasn’t which lever I pulled in the voting booth. Deflection doesn’t continue the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The topic wasn’t which lever I pulled in the voting booth. Deflection doesn’t continue the discussion.
    What is the point? You watch Fox News and listen to Limbaugh for your education. There is no discussion.

That is true, the old pork tricks of The Swamp can be utilized.
    The Swamp is all the cronies trump now pardoned. And, many of the mealy-mouthed republicans who blindly follow him.

The churches I know are huge. These are all Catholic Churches built in the 1880s and 1890s as monuments to God and they soar upwards, but they also cover a lot of horizontal space. So 6 foot social distancing is not a problem, easy to do.

Is that a problem for you though? Will that bring down a fine, all seated 6 feet apart? What if they were seated 10 feet apart? What if they were seated one person in each pew and staggered?
    Regardless of the space or how huge and regardless of fines, are they actually social distancing? Play "what if" as much as you want - it's what people are actually doing that is or isn't creating the problem(s).

I realize people are "tired" of being cautious or wearing masks or staying home, etc. and, personally, I'm at the point that if they choose to risk themselves - fine! As long as they are only risking themselves and NOT putting anyone else at risk.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Good grief! I thought once the election was over and with the holiday season here that the whining, name-calling, nastiness, complaining, pettiness, etc. would end - at least in this forum and/or for at least a little while - maybe.... I am proven wrong.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Wishing you all some peace, joy and happiness.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    IL while I do not always agree with you I vouch for you as a former librarian well versed in thoughtfully evaluating sources of information and not a political hack.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    What is the point? You watch Fox News and listen to Limbaugh for your education. There is no discussion.
    here is what you said: We all are required to wear seat belts.... why can't this be handled similarly?

while it is always difficult to know what you mean, here I think you are saying that there are uniform laws for seatbelts.

I showed you the seatbelt laws aren't as uniform as you think and certainly don’t restrict “ all” to belt wearing. Given how simple belt/no belt is in concept compared to Covid restrictions, I think exceptions and governance are quite varied.

With every state having coronavirus restrictions, there already *IS* a uniformity in that states have addressed it. States are limiting the same kinds of things.

I am not an advocate of there being no government interference of any kind for Covid restrictions. Guidelines from health departments are useful, and restrictions of certain public gathering places seem prudent, but the heavy hand of government cannot entirely solve this, and the heavy hand of the Feds needs to stay the fk out of it. I am an advocate of people taking individual responsibility, government action of fining individuals is ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    IL while I do not always agree with you I vouch for you as a former librarian well versed in thoughtfully evaluating sources of information and not a political hack.
    i have told frugal-one multiple times I dont watch Fox news, I dont watch any tv news. i do tune into
    Rush now and then for bits and pieces, not his “news” but his analysis, especially of Republican strategy.

IL doesn't seem like a Trump-ite to me.

Alan, your RV trip sounds safe to me. The rest of you children quit arguing on Xmas)

Thread Information