Page 351 of 601 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    More evidence that vaccines work - 99.75% of the people hospitalized in Ohio this year for covid were not vaccinated:

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/it...ate-on-june-2/

This is from the highly respected Cleveland Clinic.

No wonder they are lifting their mask mandate. Anti-vaxxers should not be able to block the rest of us from living normal maskless lives.

Yppej
    And here is a good editorial about being honest about vaccinated people and masks:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=77601842

See especially the second paragraph - if vaccinated not only do you not get sick, but you don't transmit the virus either. It's that simple.

Yppej
    My governor was on a conference call with Biden lapping up praise. He had a disastrous web rollout and tried to force everyone to go to mass vaccination sites. When he finally got out of the way and the process decentralized the people went for vaccines in droves. The people deserve the credit not the governor.

Thank you, Gardnr and TT.

My thanks and prayers go out to the healthcare workers, first responders and all those still working for others through all of this. To be fighting no only the virus, but also the ignorance and stupidity of some people...
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    What do you'all think regarding the latest CDC mask guidance? I'n really not sure it's appropriate. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What do you'all think regarding the latest CDC mask guidance? I'n really not sure it's appropriate. Rob
    I live in one of the most vaccine accepting parts of the country and there are walk in sites all over offering to shoot people. I assume vaccines are as readily available pretty much everywhere. Anyone worried about covid can make the choice between vaccinating and taking the risk of getting covid now. And since the latest studies now seem to show that vaccinated people not only protect themselves but others in most cases it seems reasonable.

All that said, areas where the disease is still happening significantly ought to continue to mask. But those are probably the same places (and the same individuals who don’t want the shot) where masks are being most strongly resisted anyway.

What do you'all think regarding the latest CDC mask guidance? I'n really not sure it's appropriate.
    yea it's inappropriate when less than half the country is vaccinated with even one dose (I don't doubt it's narrowly true about vaccinated people just that's individual health not public health). No we maybe can not make people get vaccinated, but it's such a low bar we quit at, is that really the best we can do, oh well low standards these days.
    Trees don't grow on money

everywhere I go, masks are still required, even in New Hampshire, which supposedly removed the mask mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    yea it's inappropriate when less than half the country is vaccinated with even one dose (I don't doubt it's narrowly true about vaccinated people just that's individual health not public health). No we maybe can not make people get vaccinated, but it's such a low bar we quit at, is that really the best we can do, oh well low standards these days.
    Well, the antivaxxers aren't coming in. My vacc site can take 900/day or 1100 if we add 2 hours. Yesterday? 200 appts. We added 115 kids 12-15y because of the release this week!

And this is just one site. Every vacc site is experiencing the same in a very RED state. Just sayin'.

Masks were mostly to protect other people from the wearer of the mask potentially being infected. Vaccinations, on the other hand, primarily protect the person who has been vaccinated. Mandating masks when other people around them had no other way to protect themselves (other than staying home of course) made sense. Now that everyone 12 and older has a way to protect themselves readily available to them the mask mandates are no longer necessary. The only people significantly at risk from covid now are those that choose not to be vaccinated and the small percentage of the population who can't be vaccinated due to diseases like lupus or for whom vaccines simply don't work for some reason.

Thread Information