Page 37 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

The thing I remember most from face-to-face meetings, was the level of control exerted and desired by certain managers. I really think a lot of that would be lost with teleconferencing, and I don't think a lot of managers would like that loss.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Wisconsin is hoarding brandy (especially Korbel). Georgia and Texas are hoarding ammo.

To each, his own
    Personally, I'm trying to stock up a little extra on grains and beans. lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We have grocery delivery here, so i dont worry about stocking up.I woild have the delivery people leave sacks on the sidewalk, they wouldn't not come into our house. I mean, this assumes we are wuarentined and the rest of the world is not.

We have a freezer full of stuff, as well as a fair amount of beans and rice. But the fresh stuff we would miss after a few days.

I am glad gardening season is around the corner so we can grow some fresh stuff. Starting seeds in the windows now.

My son called last night and gave me a hard time about going to so many large events. I am skipping the parade that I was supposed to march in on Saturday but my husband is still going calling me paranoid.

A New York doctor was on CNBC making a case for urgency in this matter. This "exceptional" country is only testing a tiny fraction of what other countries are. He expects us to be swamped in no time. This is truly disgusting.

I’m going to be skipping the gym for the time being and working out at home.

I've been thinking the same Tradd. Not so much because I'm worried about getting sick but since we have contact with so many compromised elderly in our volunteer work. I would hate to think that I somehow carried something in and put somebody at risk.

Wanted to go to a gardening conference this coming weekend but now I don't know. It is in a hotel conference center with people from all over the state. I noticed it is not sold out as in years past. There is just so much uncertainty...

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I've been thinking the same Tradd. Not so much because I'm worried about getting sick but since we have contact with so many compromised elderly in our volunteer work. I would hate to think that I somehow carried something in and put somebody at risk.
    The gym is like a Petri dish. I’ve only been using the bike (and fewer people use the recumbent, which is what I use), but I don’t want to get sick. Found modified burpees online. The regular ones hurt my knees. I got such a good workout on the bike, but better safe than sorry.

Thread Information