Page 379 of 601 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

I beg to disagree. There have been many many times where you've expressed the opinion of "well they were going to die anyway" whether that was old people, or people with comorbidities or children with issues. Those statements sound cavalier to me. Perhaps you are a very nice person in real life, but you sound rather heartless on this topic over the last year and a half.
    +100

And how do we know they were going to die anyway? "Because they died of covid". It's all quite circular, but it's how you have to think if you want to believe it's a just world and everyone gets what they deserve even in a pandemic. Of course since we're all going to die anyway ....
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am a spit talker.

Are you saying my saliva wont carry The Covid to you?

From the CDC:

"How does the virus spread? COVID-19 spreads when an infected person breathes out droplets and very small particles that contain the virus."

You cannot breathe through spit because spit is a liquid and people cannot breathe through liquids. That is why we have to hold our breath when we are under water.

From WebMD:

"The chance of COVID-19 surface transmission is less than 1 in 10,000."

Your spit might give me other illnesses but not covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    From the CDC:

"How does the virus spread? COVID-19 spreads when an infected person breathes out droplets and very small particles that contain the virus."

You cannot breathe through spit because spit is a liquid and people cannot breathe through liquids. That is why we have to hold our breath when we are under water.

From WebMD:

"The chance of COVID-19 surface transmission is less than 1 in 10,000."

Your spit might give me other illnesses but not covid.
    how is a droplet different from spit? By “spit” I could be spreading spray.

Yppej
    A droplet could come from your nose - if you don't blow your nose into a handkerchief or tissue, but let your snot drop down onto something. So droplet is not a synonym for spit.

So you see these people with the mask covering their mouth but under their nose. If masks work they should be doing the opposite - have it over their nose and their mouth can be free. But masks are not designed like that.

No, I think droplets are the wet particles that come out of your mouth in the air, and that's why they forbade public singing, because they propelled farther.

Yppej
    From the CDC:

So Tybee are you saying that there are a bunch of mouth breathers out there spreading covid?

I only mouth breathe when my nose is stuffed up due to a cold. It is not normal behavior for me.

I am sorry- the teacher in me can not resist the following, but you are right that being here is keeping me from doing other, better, more important and more useful things, so after this I will go.

you “breathe” through your mouth when you speak. Speech is breath from the lungs traveling over the vocal chords and being shaped by the motion of the mouth.

Many decades of being stuffed up with allergies makes me largely a mouth breather.

it is not unusual.

Yppej
    I normally breathe through my nose. This is why if I pull a mask below my nose I can breathe easily even though my mouth is covered. This is true whether I am speaking or not.

If I am sick I breathe through my mouth. It is not comfortable and is not my preferred way to breathe.

YMMV.

The problem of "writing off" those with other health conditions is the fact that they are ALIVE with those conditions UNTIL they get Covid! So, yes, many people with other health issues did die FROM Covid! If they hadn't gotten Covid, they could still be alive - albeit, living with other health issues, but ALIVE.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information