Page 400 of 601 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    No ICU beds left in my state.

Meanwhile, our state DOH has to spend PR time/dollars to tell people not to drink cattle dewormer to protect themselves from COVID.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Arti...treat-COVID-19
    Darwinism at it’s finest. My problem is not that I care about these people, but the stress and danger to the medical people and the innocent children who are getting infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    We inject that stuff in goats.

too bad it’s unethical to lie to antivaxers…

”free ivermectin shots! Highly effective against covid” wink wink.
    I saw a news story today indicating the Ivermectin craze is a for-profit quack medicine project.

In case I was unclear - I want to fill the syringes with covid vaccine and lie.

The ivermectin seems to work pretty well on goat parasites. And the milk withdrawal time is short. So it has it’s up side.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Fortunately, I came through that spreader event with no Covid infection. It would’ve shown up by now. And since it was rural Missouri in a state where 44% of the inhabitants are vaccinated, I’m pretty sure it was something like 75% unvaccinated in that Pork Palace tent (what was I thinking!?? !)

I’d rather stand next to Jeppys than to them.
    I’m truly glad to hear this. Not all of us are lucky enough to live where 88% of people are fully. vaxxed.

And to chicken lady, I get it. I’m not expecting to change anyone’s opinions. Part of the reason I argue is the off chance that I will but the other part of the reason is that yppej enjoys it. She has not much joy in her life right now so we can at least feed off each other and get our digs in. I get to make my point, she gets to make hers. So far no one has changed their opinion but at least we’re both passionate about the things we care about. And that alone matters to me. If I ever stop caring then I should probably check myself into a mental hospital ASAP. Because it will mean that something is seriously wrong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’m truly glad to hear this. Not all of us are lucky enough to live where 88% of people are fully. vaxxed.
    Not exactly dude. California is at 55% so that’s not super Duper better than Missouri at 44%.

Your number of 88% might be counting only eligible people, meaning not those under 12 years of age. This chart below presumably compares apples to apples and is counting the same things across states

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...ate/california

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Now a strong hurricane is headed straight for New Orleans, in a state where 41% of the total population is fully vaccinated. It will hit tomorrow morning the 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Hospitals are close to full from Texas to Florida. The inevitable shelters will be like Petri dishes. The only state with more poverty is Mississippi. Officials have said there isn’t time to evacuate everybody.

between Afghanistan and other conflicts around the world, hurricanes, Covid, wildfires, and drought, I am starting to wonder if it is the end of times.

I don’t worry the whole state. I worry the part of the state I live in. Three Bay Area counties are the highest vaxxed out of all 58 counties. The people who live in Lassen County, the lowest vaccinated in the state at 21%, are no more likely to come to this part of the state than the people of Greene County Missouri are.

https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/vac...ccineresidents

Not posting much in this thread anymore, but still reading. These hospital bed numbers, etc are all so sad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    In Arizona things may get interesting politically and covid-wise. Our wacky GOP governor, Doug Ducey, can not run again due to term limits so there is a free for all of potential candidates hoping to take his place. One that I believe has a good chance is a female far right conservative named Kari Lake. Ms. Lake was a news anchor, quite popular, on Fox News Channel 10 in Phoenix. For 22 years she held this position with co-anchor John Hook. Towards the end of her time at Fox News - she quit and was not fired - she said she had issues with disinformation being spread around about covid by liberals.

Even as a gay man I can tell you that Ms. Lake is a truly beautiful woman - at least on the surface. She is highly photogenic and knows how to work the camera to her advantage. She is far, far, far right and is extremely direct. It's going to be interesting as she has far right views on Covid and Arizona flipped blue (I still am amazed on that one as a long term Arizonan) last election. Moneyed folks from liberal areas are rapidly moving into Arizona and are changing the political landscape of Arizona big time. It's going to be interesting to see who wins here.

I still think Ms. Lake has a good chance of winning regardless - but she needs to tone down her far rightedness. Her views on covid are not going to help her, either. I'm sure she has handlers that will tell her this. As always, never a dull moment in Arizona politically. Rob

Rob, Nevada was red when I got here but us transplants flipped it blue).

Thread Information