Page 414 of 601 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

I used to love riding horses when I was younger. Thanks for the fun facts).

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    Soooo Here's the gig on my grammar, punctuation etc, since you want to make a federal case of it.
    I am dyslexic. I transpose numbers and letters all the time.
    I am very well aware that I don't translate well on the internet/printed word.
    I have Meniere's Disease. If effects every part of my life, including motor function and eye sight.
    Being tired makes all of the above worse. I just cleaned a bunch of stalls and did my own usual chores.
    I am 60 years old.
    I am using an old computer that my Grandkids use at the house. The keys tend to stick.

So to recap: You are nitpicking at an older woman who has dyslexia, a chronic illness, who works very hard to keep up some sort of normalcy in her life. The way I move around in the world does not does not make me stupid. What do you do for an encore? Where you one of the Mean Girls in Jr High Or High School?

The Equine Fun Fact Of The Day : Horses cannot see three to four feet directly in front or behind themselves.
    You don't owe her - or anyone else for that matter - an explanation! I really don't think anyone else cares about your grammar, punctuation etc, and I, for one, am glad you are here - posting and sharing fun facts!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Now it's my turn to ask what are your medical qualifications including CE in psychiatry that you feel you can diagnose me?
    I would agree that it certainly doesn't seem to be the behavior of a mentally healthy person. It's definitely not the behavior of someone engaging in productive and meaningful conversations in a spirit of goodwill and friendship within our SLF community.
    As someone who has often been asked to proofread resumes and professional process documents, I am entirely capable of nitpicking with the best of them. I refrain from the unsolicited picking apart of the words of others in an informal discussion forum because it is just plain obnoxious behavior.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    Soooo Here's the gig on my grammar, punctuation etc, since you want to make a federal case of it.
    I am dyslexic. I transpose numbers and letters all the time.
    I am very well aware that I don't translate well on the internet/printed word.
    I have Meniere's Disease. If effects every part of my life, including motor function and eye sight.
    Being tired makes all of the above worse. I just cleaned a bunch of stalls and did my own usual chores.
    I am 60 years old.
    I am using an old computer that my Grandkids use at the house. The keys tend to stick.

So to recap: You are nitpicking at an older woman who has dyslexia, a chronic illness, who works very hard to keep up some sort of normalcy in her life. The way I move around in the world does not does not make me stupid. What do you do for an encore? Where you one of the Mean Girls in Jr High Or High School?

The Equine Fun Fact Of The Day : Horses cannot see three to four feet directly in front or behind themselves.
    Federal should be capitalized.

I will not tell you "where" I went to high school. That is irrelevant.

Affects not effects is the correct word.

Eyesight is one word not two.

The correct phrase is " see ... in front of or behind" not "see ... front or behind".

Anytime you want another encore just ask. I love proofreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I love proofreading.
    You seem to love being cruel to others on this Forum and driving them off.

Aren't you precious?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Aren't you precious?
    I don't think I would use the word "precious", but I think it is a huge credit to the other forum members here that - when she makes errors - everyone is being kind by not pointing them out and doing as she does, before she makes her corrections (when she actually catches her own mistakes, that is - LOL).
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Its too bad you don't use that masters degree in English to make the world a better place.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Aren't you precious?
    If people dish it out I dish it back. And it's easy to remember who has attacked me because I put them on my ignore list. But if I think they might be after me again I can click on "View post" and respond.

I don't pick on people who haven't picked on me.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Its too bad you don't use that masters degree in English to make the world a better place.
    You should have used "It's" not "Its".

I guess to you all the English teachers in the world are wasting their lives because grammar is irrelevant and everyone can just let it all hang out rather than taking pride in the way they communicate.

Maybe spell check and grammar check software should be outlawed as elitist.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I don't think I would use the word "precious", but I think it is a huge credit to the other forum members here that - when she makes errors - everyone is being kind by not pointing them out and doing as she does, before she makes her corrections (when she actually catches her own mistakes, that is - LOL).
    I did have an error pointed out once rather gleefully. I go over my posts and check and correct them. That's why so many of them show as being edited.

Thread Information