Page 450 of 601 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The entire country has been in high or substantial risk of transmission for a couple months now. Covid is everywhere. Testing, contact tracing, and quarantining are all closing the barn door after the horse has left the barn. It's a huge waste of resources - like trying to control the common cold or the flu. Not gonna happen.
    No reason not to do what one can to help both one's self and others.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    No reason not to do what one can to help both one's self and others.
    The time to help was when covid was discovered in Wuhan. We should have stopped all international travel like New Zealand did and at that point testing, contact tracing and quarantining would have worked. But instead we let people jet around the world and told them if they put any random piece of cloth over their faces it would be okay.

The time to help was when covid was discovered in Wuhan. We should have stopped all international travel like New Zealand did and at that point testing, contact tracing and quarantining would have worked. But instead we let people jet around the world and told them if they put any random piece of cloth over their faces it would be okay.
    There is ALWAYS time to be a help instead of a hindrance.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    There is ALWAYS time to be a help instead of a hindrance.
    Covid is like HPV now. You need a vaccine because it's so widespread if you're sexually active you're going to get it, and it can pass through the skin beyond the confines of a condom, just like covid can spread around the gaps on the sides or top of a mask (or through it - those covid particles are small - smaller than the particles that cause things like black lung disease in miners who wear masks, or asbestos related illnesses in people who wear masks while working with asbestos). Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine.

But I get that you don't want to feel powerless. You want a piece of theater to make yourself feel better - go for it. Just don't impose it on me.

But I get that you don't want to feel powerless. You want a piece of theater to make yourself feel better - go for it. Just don't impose it on me.
    More like I get that you are angry and selfish, and to support those feelings you need to strike out at anything that even hints at stepping beyond your own little self-circle and even the slightest inconvenience to yourself, or even thinking about helping others. Again, more prayers to you.

Yppej
    The biggest drops in cases are in places like Florida with no mask mandates. The virus is going to run its course. Masks don't stop it.

Ultimately it will evolve because vaccines won't stop it either.

You can live the rest of your life in fear of it, or you can figure if you get it you'll develop some natural immunity to it. Either way it doesn't matter to the virus.

The biggest drops in cases are in places like Florida with no mask mandates. The virus is going to run its course. Masks don't stop it.

Ultimately it will evolve because vaccines won't stop it either.

You can live the rest of your life in fear of it, or you can figure if you get it you'll develop some natural immunity to it. Either way it doesn't matter to the virus.
    Yes, ultimately being the key here. I don't believe NOW is "ultimately".

No fear of the virus here on my part, but you seem to have more fear of a simple little mask!

And one thing you are right about - mask or not, catch it or not, get sick or not, pass it to others or not - the virus doesn't care. Fortunately, most people DO!

Yppej
    Not fear, but distaste and hatred, and not just of the mask but of an overbearing government imposing it.

Not fear, but distaste and hatred, and not just of the mask but of an overbearing government imposing it.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - whether you believe it or not - I truly hope you can find some peace and happiness.

Yppej
    Human hubris = thinking you can control the virus or any other aspect of nature.

I read in the AARP magazine today that with the permafrost melting long dormant viruses buried in it are emerging and becoming active again. Nature has lots of surprises in store for us. Hold on to your seats and don't get your panties in a bunch or wet them. If you expend all your fear and loathing on covid what will you do when the big one comes and the money the government kept printing to prop up the economy during the shutdown hysteria isn't good anymore?

Well maybe you could burn the wheelbarrows full of currency to keep warm.

Thread Information