Page 476 of 601 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    We do already mandate vaccines you know - for public school, and the military, and a lot of other careers - with varied options for exemptions. In some case none - it’s if you want this job, you take this shot.

No way was my republican state going to let my unchurched self announce that I had a sincerely held religious belief that my kids should not be vaccinated and send them to public school. I know, because they never asked for my oldest child’s records. And when they realized they didn’t have them, they told me I had to come get them and not bring them back without vaccination records. I negotiated. I gave them dates over the phone and they gave me four days to get official records.

Even kids who have religious or medical exemptions have to stay home if there is an outbreak.
    So fine - your kid is an exception. Keep them home. You are an exception, welcome to the wonderful world of telecommuting, video streamed entertainment, online shopping, and curbside pick up.
    There has been no forced gubmnt vaccine requirement for simply being a citizen here.

If you want to partake of certain activities in certain situations, sure, a vaccine of some kind may be required for you.

I can’t imagine that the Supreme Court would back up our President in holding down citizens and injecting foreign substances into their bodies even if he has determined, in his infinite wisdom, that it is for their own good. I am grateful our constitution prevents such egregious overstep of our governmrnt.

I seem to have missed the part where the government proposed stripping citizenship from the unvaccinated - the “vaccine mandate” seems to be for people who wish to frequent areas used by large numbers of the public (such as restaurants, stores, entertainment venues, or places of employment with many employees - because the alternative is to penalize the people who are trying to avoid illness in a way that improves public health) or engage in certain health sensitive jobs (I had to have a DPT to work in daycare 30 years ago.)

I think we simply disagree over “certain activities in certain situations.”

I imagine one could turn one’s small business into “members only” (like Sam’s club or Costco do) and set any requirements one likes for membership that don’t violate the ACDA or ACA guidelines - but again, those mandates already exist!

I think there is basically an agreement that there is no requirement of vaccination for citizenship.

To work well maybe. And you may say you need work for money to live. Well yes. But so does an immuno-compromised person forced to go to a workplace (either because the nature of the job requires it and that's how it is, or if it's just office work because their employer is a bit of a jerk and that's kind of inexcusable, but either way.). And if vaccination reduces transmission some (and it does) ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I seem to have missed the part where the government proposed stripping citizenship from the unvaccinated - the “vaccine mandate” seems to be for people who wish to frequent areas used by large numbers of the public (such as restaurants, stores, entertainment venues, or places of employment with many employees - because the alternative is to penalize the people who are trying to avoid illness in a way that improves public health) or engage in certain health sensitive jobs (I had to have a DPT to work in daycare 30 years ago.)

I think we simply disagree over “certain activities in certain situations.”

I imagine one could turn one’s small business into “members only” (like Sam’s club or Costco do) and set any requirements one likes for membership that don’t violate the ACDA or ACA guidelines - but again, those mandates already exist!
    I don’t know, has the whole menu of vaccine mandates by the White House been published? The U.S.Senate is as of today pushing back against the vaccine mandate for private businesses, just one mandate.

Do you know thst we have here at least one Advocate of forced vaccines upon citizens? Rob is quivering with admiration at his motherland’s threat to do just that.

You misunderstand what I said. I used the term “citizen” to mean persons dwelling in these United states. There should be no requirement allowing for the government at any level to hold down anyone whether they are citizen or not, and inject a foreign body into their person.

I am open to discussion of whether and where unvaccinated people may go, and when, and which body should be able to dictate thst.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Do you know thst we have here at least one Advocate of forced vaccines upon citizens? Rob is quivering with admiration at his motherland’s threat to do just that.
    I think if someone tried to *force* me to receive a medical procedure simply to exist, I'd go all A. Solzhenitsyn on them and theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think if someone tried to *force* me to receive a medical procedure simply to exist, I'd go all A. Solzhenitsyn on them and theirs.
    You’d go to Siberia?

Education...I would be real careful with that. Plays a part, maybe
    Obviously, it's a stereotype but I do think Republican leaders are very glad they have a huge following among conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Obviously, it's a stereotype but I do think Republican leaders are very glad they have a huge following among conspiracy theorists.
    Probably due to colluding with the Russians, as the Steele Dossier clearly showed.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You’d go to Siberia?
    Well, as he pointed out:

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn’t love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

I've never been much into conspiracy theories, but conspiracy theories these days seem to have gone downhill, they have become way more inane and boring.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information