Page 478 of 508 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5071

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've always felt a little excluded because of some of my choices in life, do you think we could get the government to mandate everyone enjoy cheap cigars, Mountain Dew and Chili Cheese Fritos to help me feel a little less alone and enhance my self esteem?
    Boy, I sort of doubt it Alan. But if it might ease the exclusion issue, you're OK in my book. I have my own personal choices that make me feel excluded, so I suspect we're on a similar boat in different seas.

Chili cheese fries at Chubbies Burger Drive In is on my bucket list, but I'm thinking of it as a one time event.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    As someone who with some frequency has to deal with the gore and horror of auto crashes where people didn't wear seatbelts, I can testify that it does harm the first responders as well. And uses a fair bit of taxpayer resources - fire/ems, helicopters, regional trauma centers, that sort of thing.

It is also the case that if you are wearing a seatbelt, you can better retain control of your vehicle during vigorous maneuvering, which may allow you a chance to avoid an accident in the first place.

In my state, you can drive without a seatbelt all you want, as long as you don't do it on the public roads...

I was a non seat belt person from 1977 to 2001. My husband and I second date was “ ride along” . A call came in as a single car accident with two people ejected and one entrapment. It was on a road that I drove on a lot on my way to a popular horse show venue. It was shocking . I had neverBAAE535A-C2E2-4CC4-862B-DC5122B05A4F.jpg seen a dead person, much less two and obliviously had never seen people being picked up in pieces and put into a body bag
    The housing development was not there at the time , they had hit head on into a huge stand of fir trees. After that I never drove without my seat belt.

As someone who with some frequency has to deal with the gore and horror of auto crashes where people didn't wear seatbelts, I can testify that it does harm the first responders as well. And uses a fair bit of taxpayer resources - fire/ems, helicopters, regional trauma centers, that sort of thing.

It is also the case that if you are wearing a seatbelt, you can better retain control of your vehicle during vigorous maneuvering, which may allow you a chance to avoid an accident in the first place.

In my state, you can drive without a seatbelt all you want, ai as you don't do it on the public roads...
    if you are not driving on public roads you are not mainstream…. totally different situation. Again, you missed the point though. You are the only one affected in this situation (perhaps first responders as well?). Not being vaccinated affects all of society.

I've always felt a little excluded because of some of my choices in life, do you think we could get the government to mandate everyone enjoy cheap cigars, Mountain Dew and Chili Cheese Fritos to help me feel a little less alone and enhance my self esteem?
    Hey those choices affect only you… not the case with vaccinations.

In my state, you can drive without a seatbelt all you want, ai as you don't do it on the public roads...
    if you are not driving on public roads you are not mainstream…. totally different situation. Again, you missed the point though. You are the only one affected in this situation. Not being vaccinated affects all of society.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Hey those choices affect only you… not the case with vaccinations.
    That post was made in jest, maybe I'll label the next one properly to avoid confusion.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That post was made in jest, maybe I'll label the next one properly to avoid confusion.
    Maybe humor and not truth is the first casualty of culture war.

What is it called when someone says they were only kidding but actually not?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    if you are not driving on public roads you are not mainstream…. totally different situation. Again, you missed the point though. You are the only one affected in this situation. Not being vaccinated affects all of society.
    You said "The only people harmed then are/were those not wearing a seatbelt." I pointed out that first responders are. And further added that seatbelts improve your ability to avoid accidents as well. So I was responding to your mistaken assertion. On point.

Then I pointed out that one could drive in this state on private roads and avoid this issue.

I was not arguing for or against vaccines, only addressing your poor analogy.

You said "The only people harmed then are/were those not wearing a seatbelt." I pointed out that first responders are. And further added that seatbelts improve your ability to avoid accidents as well. So I was responding to your mistaken assertion. On point.

Then I pointed out that one could drive in this state on private roads and avoid this issue.

I was not arguing for or against vaccines, only addressing your poor analogy.

You got the drift so why knitpick? Redundant..

Thread Information