Page 549 of 601 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551559599 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Good grief, JP1--I don't blame you for choosing to stay home under the circumstances. From what I've seen, anyone who dares stick their noses out of the bunker is bound to get infected. Best wishes to your SO for a smooth recovery!
    I dunno, I have been home for 3 days from the Iris extravaganza of riding around in busses, having meetings, and dining with 250 people. Didnt come down with the Covid. 3 plane rides as well.

but i got lucky, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Thank you. From the time that vaccines became available I’ve not been worried about myself. I’m healthy and should be fine if I get infected. SO is a different story. Yes, he’s fully vaxxed and boosted. But given his issues I’m still worried. His test results today have not been a happy circumstance. Hopefully this will all turn out well. He’s been working with his doc and will hopefully be getting a prescription for paxlovid tomorrow.
    Is paxlovid one of the mono…whatevers?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is paxlovid one of the mono…whatevers?
    No. It’s the antiviral that supposedly cuts hospitalization by 85%.

JP, hoping your partner is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    JP, hoping your partner is fine.
    Thank you. So far he's only got a sore throat. Keeping my fingers crossed that that remains the case.

Thank you. So far he's only got a sore throat. Keeping my fingers crossed that that remains the case.
    I hope it's just a sore throat. We had the same thing in our household over Christmas. To our dismay, my DH brought home Omicron ( He is a firefighter/paramedic) It started out with him having a sore throat ... And it went down hill from there..

Yppej
    There you go again with your typically flawed Republican logic. I haven’t been out in public since Saturday. SO has been going to his office in a busy hotel every day this week. I’m negative for covid. Smart people would not come to the conclusion that I gave it to him. But I get it. With stupid ****ing Republican logic what you suggested might make sense.

Seriously you aren’t this stupid are you?

Edited to add. Sorry. I thought it was Alan making this absurd post. You need to up your troll game. I’m well aware that you really are this stupid.
    It's called - latency period and silent carrier - terms from the real science.

Yppej
    And thank you for your concern about SO. Even though I’m sure you think his potential death would be deserved since he has comorbidities like diabetes and being a cancer survivor I imagine you will deem his hopefully likely survival as somehow justified. Your concern is touching. So has your son started talking to you again or does he still realize that you’re a bitch and he’s better off avoiding you at all costs?
    He's talking to his grandmother again. Did she all of a sudden stop being a bitch after a year? Or was she never one to begin with?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    I hope it's just a sore throat. We had the same thing in our household over Christmas. To our dismay, my DH brought home Omicron ( He is a firefighter/paramedic) It started out with him having a sore throat ... And it went down hill from there..
    Now I would imagine in his line of work he wears one of those ineffective talismans over his face. Damn! It's so annoying when magic doesn't work.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    So sorry JP1. I sincerely hope he continues to improve.
    I think you did the right thing to stay home if you had the option. Besides, what if SO needs help? You would be worried sick about him as well as the possible danger to the eight month pregnant woman. It seems odd to me someone that far along would fly and spend a week at a conference. But maybe my kids are right and I'm just old fashioned as they roll their eyes.

You could ask SO 's MD if the following could help. My MD recommended I do a twice daily sinus wash. Also, no cough Medicine. Lots of hot steamy liquids like tea or broth soups. Tylenol for a fever. I also have a pulse oximeter and took my O2 level and temp every four hours when I was awake the first few days when I had symptoms. But don't take medical advice from an unknown person on the Internet. Always check with your healthcare providers.

It is heartbreaking to see all the unkindness I have seen In the world and on this forum. Last year I almost died and I had time to think as I was fading in and out in the ER before they stabilized me and during my hospital stay. Is it really worth it to argue about the same stuff for over two years? If all the anger and rage people have could be channeled Into kindness and compassion it would be healthier for everyone.

Thread Information