Page 560 of 601 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

North Korea. The numbers I read today are that supposedly in the last 3 days 4% of the population has become symptomatic. With an R0 of 15 for the omicron variant that would mean that basically the entire population is going to have been infected within the next couple of weeks. Any distancing measures that they are taking now are undoubtedly far too little far too late. In a country that supposedly has had zero previous infections and definitely has near zero vaccinations. And probably has minimal PPE available, no tests, and medieval level medical care (nowhere near enough oxygen, much less ventilators, antivirals, etc.). We may never get to hear the truth of what these next few weeks are like there but I can't imagine that it will be pretty.

And in an unrelated note, for the people here who aren’t covid hoaxers, you can now order your third and fourth batch of federal government home covid test kits.

I suppose the covid hoaxers can too but they’d probably rather go out and infect people with freedumb.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    North Korea. The numbers I read today are that supposedly in the last 3 days 4% of the population has become symptomatic. With an R0 of 15 for the omicron variant that would mean that basically the entire population is going to have been infected within the next couple of weeks. Any distancing measures that they are taking now are undoubtedly far too little far too late. In a country that supposedly has had zero previous infections and definitely has near zero vaccinations. And probably has minimal PPE available, no tests, and medieval level medical care (nowhere near enough oxygen, much less ventilators, antivirals, etc.). We may never get to hear the truth of what these next few weeks are like there but I can't imagine that it will be pretty.
    Sounds they're going to get it over with quickly rather than destroy children's education, adult livelihoods, and the economy for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Sounds they're going to get it over with quickly rather than destroy children's education, adult livelihoods, and the economy for years.
    Sure. With 5-10% of the population dying in the process. I realize that doesn’t matter to you but for most of the rest of us it kind of does.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Sure. With 5-10% of the population dying in the process. I realize that doesn’t matter to you but for most of the rest of us it kind of does.
    You are grossly inflating the mortality rate. I wonder what your agenda is.

It wouldn't surprise me if North Korea's death rate were that high, due to their substandard medical establishment, but it's unlikely we'll ever know.

The North Korean economy…. I think there’s not really much to destroy.

That's what the death rate was in countries where the healthcare systems couldn't handle surges earlier in the pandemic, like Italy's first wave. Since no one has any immunity in North Korea, and their healthcare system is undoubtedly not up to the task at hand there's no reason to think that anything less will occur there.

Any idea why they aren’t vaccinating people?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Any idea why they aren’t vaccinating people?
    Because it's North Korea.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...cron-outbreak/

Thread Information