Page 571 of 601 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A friend and her husband just got their fifth shot. Five! The mind reels.
    Well would it just become an annual thing though? Like a flu shot? One more thing to sell us?

I took a Covid test this morning since I had a respiratory thing hit me yesterday even though it seemed more like allergies than anything else. It was negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Fingers crossed, and I am so glad to hear you are up and about!
    Thank you. Hope you are doing well too!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well would it just become an annual thing though? Like a flu shot? One more thing to sell us?

I took a Covid test this morning since I had a respiratory thing hit me yesterday even though it seemed more like allergies than anything else. It was negative.
    When I find myself coming down with a respiratory bug, I generally take a hit of saline spray, a vitamin C tablet, and some zinc. Maybe it's the placebo effect (which I'm an enthusiastic supporter of), but it works every time.

I imagine we'll be exhorted to get COVID shots every year, though like flu shots, they'll rarely catch up with the current strain in play. Pharma gets its money, one way or the other--or by hook or by crook, you might say.

So sorry for the loss of your friend, jp.

Glad to hear those who had tested positive recently are recovering.

One of my kids just tested positive this morning. Symptomatic. So far no one else has tested positive. I'm still on my course of antibiotics for my sinus infection, etc., so don't know if that will make a difference or not.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Hope you feel better soon happy…. and no one else gets sick!

I've had all 5 vaccines as well. The previous vaccines provided only a few months immunity; the most recent vaccine is predicted to provide a years' immunity. The goal for next year is a combo flu/COVID vaccine in the fall, which would provide some immunity for the winter season, when all respiratory viruses peak. Most years the flu vaccine is right on target for the predicted strains, and the U.S. has approx. 20,000 - 30,000 deaths annually from complications from the flu. On the years when the strain is unexpected, the deaths can rise as high as 60,000 annually. Covid's mortality rate is, of course, much higher. I'll be getting the flu/COVID booster next fall as well. I'm a big fan of pro-activity in health, including preventative screenings & vaccines. My reasoning is demonstrated in the "Penn and Teller on Vaccinations" short cliip (about 1 1/2 minutes) on Youtube. I'm not tech-savvy enough to link it here. I hope and pray we will never see another time when COVID was as bad as it was when it first hit, when we had no vaccines and no treatments.

Yppej
    Dax Tejera is the latest young person to die suddenly of a heart attack.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...7/10952405002/

Quote Originally Posted by befree View Post
    I've had all 5 vaccines as well. The previous vaccines provided only a few months immunity; the most recent vaccine is predicted to provide a years' immunity. The goal for next year is a combo flu/COVID vaccine in the fall, which would provide some immunity for the winter season, when all respiratory viruses peak. Most years the flu vaccine is right on target for the predicted strains, and the U.S. has approx. 20,000 - 30,000 deaths annually from complications from the flu. On the years when the strain is unexpected, the deaths can rise as high as 60,000 annually. Covid's mortality rate is, of course, much higher. I'll be getting the flu/COVID booster next fall as well. I'm a big fan of pro-activity in health, including preventative screenings & vaccines. My reasoning is demonstrated in the "Penn and Teller on Vaccinations" short cliip (about 1 1/2 minutes) on Youtube. I'm not tech-savvy enough to link it here. I hope and pray we will never see another time when COVID was as bad as it was when it first hit, when we had no vaccines and no treatments.
    That was good, Befree! Here is a link: https://youtu.be/RfdZTZQvuCo

"It’s estimated that up to 11% of Americans catch the flu virus each year — with some experiencing more severe symptoms and requiring hospitalization.

In recent years, the flu shot has provided around 43% protection against disease.

However, year-to-year, that level has ranged widely: from 60% in the 2010-2011 flu season to 19% in the 2014-2015 flu season." (Healthline)

I'm being proactive against the negligible chance of catching a serious case of the flu by limiting my exposure.

I could get some mixed messages from the mainstream news. but my impression from what they've seen with the mRNA vaccines is that it isn't all that effective in preventing a symptomatic infection after just a couple or few months, especially with evolving variants. It is effective at preventing severe illness, relative to unvaccinated people, for several or many months yet to be determined. I suspect the same or similar could be true of the flu vaccine.

Thread Information