Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cute towns

Thanks for sharing this. I was surprised I had visited several and we live in Frederick County, MD so have watched Frederick grow since 1970...I lived right downtown for a couple years worked there for 31 years... It's become very"in" with the DC crew. Lots of beer and wine production. I was surprised they didn't show the "Clustered Spires" of John Greenleaf Whittier's Barbara Fritchie poem. It's close to Harpers Ferry, also mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I've visited a handful of them and I'd agree they are cute, although there are a lot not on the list that could compete. The one's I'm familiar with seemed touristy or bedroom communities. I lived in Creede, Colorado for a while and it's indeed small with a population somewhere around 500. At one time it was a working town with employment from hard rock mining for gold and silver into the 1970's, but is now mostly a summer destination for sportsmen, tourists, and some summer homes.

Since there are some New Englanders here, I've spent some time in Woodstock, Vermont visiting friends. I'm actually a little surprised it didn't show up on the list. A lot of the cute towns on the list looked like nice places to visit, but not places I'd want to live.
    We've never been to Woodstock, but considered it for a vacation destination last year. We ended up going to Niagara, but maybe another time.

In another life I would move to Freedom,NH. Our friends live 5 miles and 13 miles away from this house I have been salivating over for weeks now. The width of the floorboards, and their beauty, make me weak in the knees. It is the oldest house in Freedom, according to the listing agent. We went thru Freedom last year.

How can you not love a town named Freedom?

House I Love
    https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-04483?view=qv

Really beautiful house!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    In another life I would move to Freedom,NH. Our friends live 5 miles and 13 miles away from this house I have been salivating over for weeks now. The width of the floorboards, and their beauty, make me weak in the knees. It is the oldest house in Freedom, according to the listing agent. We went thru Freedom last year.

House I Love
    Gorgeous and super-cheap!!!!

I think you should go out and look at it, IL. You don't have to stay where you are.
    It is lovely, especially inside. Look at all that room to grow lilies and irises.

House I Love
    Agreed. That house is awesome!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think you should go out and look at it, IL. You don't have to stay where you are.
    It is lovely, especially inside. Look at all that room to grow lilies and irises.
    i am not going to move across country for love of a house. But I do like the idea of NH, just that winters are too long.
    My little old .hermann house is cute if downtrodden now, and will be cute and bright after major construction.

I love it!

i am not going to move across country for love of a house. But I do like the idea of NH, just that winters are too long.
    My little old .hermann house is cute if downtrodden now, and will be cute and bright after major construction.
    Even though I have a love/hate relationship with HGTV, there is one show that doesn't make me furious--it's the new show called Home Town. Have you seen it? They tend to focus on respectful renovations, and the houses are usually old homes, not cookie cutter McMansions.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information