Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cute towns

Pinky toe, have you looked at condos? Was this near where you used to live? The East coast house is cute but you couldn’t pay me to live in a small town isolated with bad winters. Been there and done that. We have spent most of our winter with no snow and temperatures between 45-60. In 23 years we have only had what I consider 4 real winters.

My current town is considered cute and a nice place to visit. It's Belvidere, NJ. Old victorian town, with a green town square in the center. They have a Victorian Days weekend in the late summer with house tours and people dressed up and a vintage car show.

https://delawareriver.natgeotourism....9b2a4c298c7e4d

Sadly many of the homes need so much upkeep that they are deteriorating or sitting empty.

I'm a lurker dating back to the old forum (maybe around 2003/2004-I think I was dawn22 on there and an infrequent poster even then). I rarely post but I love to read what everyone else has to say. This is my small town on the coast of Maine. I love it so much that I just had to share! https://newengland.com/today/travel/...beach-maine-2/

Oh, thanks so much for that sharing! Lovely!

Really beautiful! We took a New England cruise in the fall which was awesome! We saw a place that looked similar. We would definitely like to go back.

I love it!! Thanks for posting!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

In Sauk Centre, MN, the nighthawks intercept the insects on summer nights over the downtown.

And the human population is lovable... Minnesota Nice Then.

I would add Sisters Oregon. Beautiful drive from the Valley to get there. All the buildings have the old west theme. Central Oregon is the gem area of the State of Oregon in my opinion. Tall Ponderosa pine trees, clear blue skies, and clean air. Sisters is near the lava flows of Central Oregon, lots of hiking, camping, or just a great place for people watching and lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    I'm a lurker dating back to the old forum (maybe around 2003/2004-I think I was dawn22 on there and an infrequent poster even then). I rarely post but I love to read what everyone else has to say. This is my small town on the coast of Maine. I love it so much that I just had to share! https://newengland.com/today/travel/...beach-maine-2/
    What a beautiful town!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for posting! I remember your username from the old days!

My current town is considered cute and a nice place to visit. It's Belvidere, NJ. Old victorian town, with a green town square in the center.
    ponymom, as a 37-year NJ resident, I can attest to the lovely NJ towns on the Delaware. So many pretty ones--I've never been to Belvidere, but have frequently been to Stockton, Lambertville, Frenchtown, Washington Crossing, and of course, the sister towns across the Delaware in PA like New Hope

My favorite NJ town is Ocean Grove. And I do think my new town of Grand Isle is true to its slogan: "The Beauty Spot of Vermont."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    I would add Sisters Oregon. Beautiful drive from the Valley to get there. All the buildings have the old west theme. Central Oregon is the gem area of the State of Oregon in my opinion. Tall Ponderosa pine trees, clear blue skies, and clean air. Sisters is near the lava flows of Central Oregon, lots of hiking, camping, or just a great place for people watching and lunch.
    Sisters famously hosts a quilt show every year that gets great reviews. I've only briefly been to the Bend area; I'm more the coastal type myself.

Thread Information